Dimitri x reader

Obviously I have to start with one of the most beloved characters of the game!

Some slight spoilers in this one for white clouds.
---

On your first day at the Officer's Academy, you got to know all of your classmates pretty well. Over a couple months, you all became as close as could be. You loved all of them, no matter how rude or inappropriate a couple of them could be.

You were especially fond of your House Leader, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd. The Prince of Faerghus. The sweetest, and cutest, boy you'd ever had the pleasure of meeting. But, more importantly, he had to be one of many people who were way out of your league.

Unlike all of your classmates, you had absolutely no connections to noble households. You were the very description of Commoner. Dimitri was as far out of your league as one could possibly get, and it just had to be him who stole your heart.

You sometimes thought he might not care whether or not you were a commoner, but you always came to the conclusion that he only spoke to you out of obligation. What sort of King would he be in the future if he couldn't show a bit of kindness to his subjects?

Of course, your closest friends of all the students, Mercedes and Annette, always said otherwise. Whenever the three of you would hang out to chat and have treats, you'd bring up things you wouldn't talk about with anyone else (especially Dimitri). They knew all about your massive crush on him, and all of your worries about confessing your feelings.

"I know it's never going to happen," was what you had said after admitting you were crushing on him. "I just...you know, I had to get that off my chest."

"Aw, that's so cute, (n/n)," Annette had said in response instead of laughing at you like you told some ridiculous joke. "You shouldn't have so many doubts. I think you would be cute together!" She glanced at the third girl at the table. "Right, Mercie?"

The caring brunette nodded in agreement, humming as she smiled kindly. "He is the ideal match for you."

They were making you blush quite easily. "Oh...we're not even friends. He's only showing basic decency because we're classmates."

Annette set down her pastry. "You don't really think that, do you? Dimitri's really nice, even if he seems unapproachable."

Your head dropped to the table as you groaned a bit. "This isn't fair.... The universe is working against me."

"Maybe you should talk to him," Mercedes suggested. "Telling us about it won't solve anything. When you're ready to tell him, know we're cheering for you."

That's what led up to your current predicament. You were silently pacing outside Dimitri's room in the dormitories. You knew he was studying in there, he normally did just after class. You weren't afraid to disturb him, your friends assured you he wouldn't mind. You just had absolutely no idea how to start the conversation, or lead it to telling him how you feel.

The sound of a door opening caused you to freeze in place, heart rate rising. Luckily, it wasn't Dimitri's door, but Sylvain's, whose room was right next door.

The redhead took two steps out before he stopped, gaze locked on yours. "(y/n)? What are you doing up here? Isn't your dorm on the first floor?"

You took a swift glance at the door to Dimitri's room before taking quiet steps closer to Sylvain. "I-"

"Oh, are you here 'cause you're lonely?" He winked with a smirk. "I can help you with that~"

"No." You shook your head profusely. "I...um.... I wanted to talk to Dimitri about...something."