Yandere!Dimitri x reader

Ya girl was reading fanfics again and found some yandere ones that made me wanna write one.

This has some spoilers for Azure Moon and Dimitri's whole character development I guess? It's also dark and grotesque, and as scary as I could make it seem (which is not at all).

---

Ever since your class from five years ago joined together with your professor to end a war, you've felt fairly unsafe. Not just because enemies could strike at any moment. From the day Felix's father, Rodrigue, died, you've had a feeling of unease lingering in the back of your conscious, as if someone were watching you 24/7. It's gone on for almost the entire month. You thought it could be a spy, but decided spies would have better luck stalking someone else, since you were normally alone. If someone were following you, it had something to do with you specifically.

You had wondered if it was Felix after the first few days. Maybe he wanted to talk to someone about what he really felt over his dad dying. For all your friends, you were the best confidant. You would listen to what they had to say, no matter how long it took or how much they struggled to get it out. You didn't pick on them for anything that bothered them, didn't push your opinion on them, didn't interrupt. You simply listened. Other than that, you always kept secrets if they wished it. You knew plenty about them they wouldn't easily admit to anyone else. You knew Mercedes was the Death Knight's sister, Ashe was a twenty-two-year-old man who's still deathly afraid of ghosts, and Ingrid sometimes worried her eating habits may put her out of shape. Even Dedue had sat down with you to talk about some problems. Sylvain too, since you actually took him seriously, but he'd usually only get your attention to hit on you. That's beyond the point, though. It would make complete sense for Felix to want to tell you about his feelings, get it off his chest, but to still be too proud to admit he needed to talk.

You went to Felix once when he was alone, giving him the perfect opportunity to ask for help. He came to realize this quickly and insisted he wasn't that attached to his father. So, you left him alone, but that feeling of being watched remained.

After staying in the library reading for hours, time had escaped you. The sun had set long ago, and your only source of light was the burning wick of a candle near your book.

You yawned as you decided it was probably time to turn in for the night. You carried the candle with you to put the book in its rightful place, then left the library. Much like that room, only the candle you held illuminated the path.

When you exited the reception hall, a chilly breeze blew past, causing goosebumps to rise on your skin and the candle's flame to flicker out of existence. You rubbed your arms with a sigh, continuing onward to the dormitories with less worry over the candle.

Your eyes adjusted to the darkness soon, but you were still hardly able to see. Clouds blocked the reflection of light off the moon. This was the darkest night you'd ever experienced.

You took your time going up the stairs to the second floor of dorms. You had to rely more on your sense of touch than sight. The stairs blended together in your view.

At the top of the steps, the windows spared a very gentle light from the sky. It was enough to make out the shapes of nearby objects.

One of those objects caused you to stop. You couldn't see all too well, of course, but it looked like Sylvain's door was open. Out of curiosity, you approached the room, slowly pulling the door open, feeling a creeping sense of unease as you did.

You gazed into the room as clouds parted in the sky above, letting light shine down, filtering through the window. That made it much easier to see, but you wished the clouds had stayed where they were as the sight before you caused you to scream, though you covered your mouth quickly to prevent from anyone hearing.