Sylvain x reader x Felix (1/2)

Another one with slight spoilers. This one, for Azure Moon.
---

Sylvain hadn't gone out with a girl in weeks, but that wasn't what was driving him insane right now. There was one specific girl constantly on his mind, practically torturing him everytime she was nearby. She was simply far too infatuating for him to ignore.

When he saw her in the Blue Lions classroom the first day, he didn't pay much mind to her. Sure, she was pretty, but he only thought of her as being like any other girl he spoke to. So, he greeted her with his usual flirting, but gaining a different response than he expected.

She didn't seem like the kind of girl to turn him down. And she didn't. But, she didn't necessarily welcome his advances.

She couldn't find a proper way to respond. She stumbled over her words so much he couldn't tell what she was trying to say. He eventually interrupted her jumbled speech to suggest they start over, except without him doing his flirting thing.

After that incident, they spoke more and more often, and he came to realize she didn't even know about his Crest. She just...actually liked him for who he was. So he took the opportunity to befriend her instead of asking her on a date.

Over time, he started noticing so many little things about her. Even if he tried, he couldn't find a single imperfection about her.

Where to even start? There were far too many things to like. She would always get nervous when receiving compliments. She was embarrassed about her body shape, but Sylvain thought she looked absolutely beautiful. She loved snacking on little cookies or other sweets while she worked on other things. Whenever someone brought up a fictional story she liked, she would jump right into the conversation and go on for long periods of time gushing over it.

She was also a genuinely pure and kind-hearted girl. She would sympathize with Sylvain if a girl broke up with him. No one else felt bad for him when it happened. They'd just say it was his fault and move on. Maybe it was his fault most of the time, but it couldn't kill Ingrid to feel a little bad for him at least once, could it?

Sylvain leaned the side of his face against his hand, staring blankly at the professor from where he sat. He couldn't focus on the lessons anymore. His mind was dead set on her.

He wasn't even imagining anything perverted for once in his life. He wanted to spend every second of his time with her. He wanted to take her with him on walks through town, not only to be near her, but to parade around proudly, showing off to anyone who looked in their direction that she was his. He wanted to give her all the compliments he could, and buy a few gifts to go with them.

And, he wanted oh so badly to touch her. Not in a sexual way (though he wouldn't mind that). He just wanted to hold her hands, and hug her tightly. To let her lean against him if she were to feel sleepy, or curl up with her to cuddle if it got cold. Maybe even sneak a small kiss sometimes....

Goddess, (y/n)... he thought to himself. You're driving me crazy.

He knew he could have all those things, though. It wasn't so hard to get. All he had to do was tell her how he felt and hope she returns his feelings.

But, he found it hard to think she would. Not because he doubted she liked him, but because he doubted anyone who knew him would believe something like that. That Sylvain, a man known for having been in a relationship for a week or two at most, would want to seriously commit to one person.

He would have to try anyway. Everyday he went without admitting his feelings, the more lonely he felt. Plus, if he waited to long, someone else could steal her away. He was a bit shocked that hadn't happened already, but he felt more relief than surprise.