Sothis x reader

Request for Darkslayer34.
---

You were one of the most devoted Knights of Seiros working for the church. You trusted everything the Archbishop said without a second thought. Your dedication got you the position of a high-ranking commander occasionally taking direct orders from the Archbishop herself.

There was only one time you questioned her actions, and that was when she hired a mercenary as a teacher at the Officer's Academy. What good would a mercenary do for a school full of children?

You kept an eye on the mercenary, Byleth, in your free time. He was a strange man, but harmless to the residents of the monastery as far as you could tell. He spent his days off bonding with the students and school faculty. He'd even invite you to do stuff with him sometimes.

That sometimes became a fairly regular thing. You'd train together, share meals, and various other activities. It started getting weird when he invited you to a tea party.

During one of those seemingly weekly tea parties, you decided to ask him about it.

You set down the cup of your favorite tea you'd just taken a sip of. "Byleth...you spend a lot of time with me. It's not that I don't appreciate it, but, I'm...not really...into guys, you know?"

Byleth lifted his cup to his lips, completely unfazed by your statement. "That isn't why I invite you to spend time with me."

"Then...why are we hanging out all the time?" You furrowed your eyebrows. "If you're trying to gain my trust to gain favors, it won't work. I serve the Goddess first and foremost."

"I'll tell you why, but you won't believe me."

Anyone who knew you would argue with that statement. If someone were to put in enough effort, you'd believe almost anything.

"It can't be that unrealistic." You rested your elbows on the table, leaning your head into your hands. "Tell me."

"My friend likes you," he started. "She wants me to spend time with you so she'll get to know you better."

"Hm?" Your eyes widened, and you felt just a bit excited. Girls never liked you! Something about you being too obsessed with the church. "Who is she? What does she look like? Is she nice? Oh, wait, does she believe in the teachings of Seiros?"

Byleth gained a bit of worry in his expression, most likely from your amount of questions. "She isn't nice." He just barely flinched before taking back what he said. "She's not too mean. She probably believes in Seiros' word, and, I guess you could say she's cute, for how old she is."

You tilted your head. "How old?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Very."

"Uh...." You leaned back, losing that excitement from earlier. "Can I meet her?"

"Probably not." He continued speaking after you gave a confused look. "She doesn't have a physical form."

"Uh...." You scratched your arm. "A-are you telling me a ghost is attracted to me?"

"Ye-" He winced again. "-No, she's not a ghost. She doesn't know what I'm supposed to tell you she is." He rubbed his ear. "She says I wasn't supposed to say that."

"She's here right now?!" You looked around even though you obviously wouldn't see her. "Is she always with us when we hang out? Does she follow me around?!"

"She's trapped with me," Byleth assured you. "She's a part of me. She's only able to be where I am, and can't leave."

"Oh...." You nodded. "That doesn't make me feel better at all."

"My intention wasn't to discomfort you."

"Well, I could've guessed that." You awkwardly sipped your now cold tea. "...so...what's her name?"

"Sothis."

"What?!" You slammed the cup back down, shooting up from your chair. "The Goddess is talking to you?!"

"She isn't much of one," Byleth grumbled in response as he reached for a cookie in a decorative basket on the table.

You weren't listening to him. "S-so then...the Goddess Sothis wants to know about me?" You tried to hold back a fairly idiotic smile. You devoted yourself entirely to serving her, so why wouldn't you be excited?

"Yes."

"Is she saying anything right now?" Your voice made your excitement evident.

Byleth remained quiet for a moment, supposedly listening to her. "...she wants to know what hobbies you have."

The conversation went on like that until Byleth had to get to work again. You offered to clean up everything from the tea party, which he thanked you for.

Back in your room, you lay on your bed, face up, mind set on the Goddess. You closed your eyes, conjuring up an image of the description Byleth gave you.

Based on what he said, you imagined she had a pretty young look to her. Maybe she had the fair skin of a twenty-year-old woman. You imagined her long, emerald strands of hair flowing elegantly, befitting the form of her body. As for her outfit...he hadn't said anything about that. You imagined she'd wear a snow-white dress with long sleeves fitted to her body.

You smiled with a sigh. She looked so beautiful in your mind, but of course she did. The Goddess was said to be indescribably beautiful. No one could replicate her appearance in a painting; it was just impossible.

I wonder if I'll finally meet her when I die.... You shook your head. Of course I will. The Goddess brings all of her children to her home above the sky after their time on this land is over.

You could almost imagine what that moment would be like. The Goddess in all her glory standing upon the clouds, arms outstretched to welcome her children home. To welcome you home.

Again, you couldn't wait to meet the Goddess. Of course, you didn't want to die yet. You still wanted to serve the church as long as you could. In the end, your greatest dream was always to meet Sothis and live eternally happy in the land above the sky.

---

Sorry this was so short! I had a good idea, but I didn't know where to go with it. My apologies.