Felix x reader

This one is after the events of the whole story, so I was particular about not mentioning anything about it to make this spoiler-free.
---

You stared across the room at your husband, brow furrowed in thought. He was too busy working on his swords to notice. You've been watching him do it for an hour now. There wasn't much time left in the day. You wanted to do something with him before bedtime.

He was such a stubborn man.... Even though he was the one who proposed to you, you had a lingering suspicion he may regret that choice. Now, you did jump to conclusions quite often, but you had good evidence to back you up this time. He dedicated most of what little free time he had to practicing with his sword, he was always unhappy with your affectionate advances, and he only told you he loved you once when he asked you to marry him. You knew he was stubborn, but this was a little much in your opinion.

Maybe it isn't what you think, you tried to convince yourself. You really did love Felix, which you tried to show to him every day. You wanted to believe he felt the same, no matter how easy it was to doubt. He's probably just being difficult like always.

You easily came up with another, less heartbreaking reason to explain his actions. You were both very different when it came to romance. You showed people your love with physical contact and constant verbal reminders, but Felix was a more reserved person, no matter what it came to. Maybe he was always telling you he loved you, but you weren't able to see it.

You came up with an idea as you stood, marching across the room with your goal in mind. You sat down beside Felix, who only spared you a glance, keeping his focus on sword maintenance.

You took hold of his hand, using the other to set the sword down after removing it from his grasp. He gave you a questioning look as you squeezed his hand once.

"What are you doing?" he asked when you only smiled cheerfully at him.

"This means 'I love you'," you informed him.

He didn't seem to understand. "What?"

"Whenever you want to say 'I love you', just do this!" You demonstrated the action again. "It'll be like a secret code way of saying it so you can still be too proud to say it aloud!"

"Okay...." He gazed down at your hands as you let go. "Fine." He turned his attention back to the sword he'd half-finished working on.

You frowned now that his attention was already off of you. You understood, since he was kind of busy right now, but you wished he'd leave it for later and do something with you.

You wandered off to find a way to amuse yourself while he was busy. Maybe you'd find a nice book to read.

Much later, while you were sitting on your bed reading, you tore your gaze away from the pages as the door opened. Your eyes met Felix's as he pushed the door shut behind him.

"Are you finally done with those swords?" You set a small piece of paper between the pages before closing the book and setting it on the desk.

He nodded once in answer. "They're ready to be sparred with again."

He sat down on the bed next to you as you crossed your arms. "Well, I hope you're happy with that. You ignored me all day for those stupid swords."

"It needed to be done," he pointed out. "You could have helped me any time."

You huffed since no good argument came to mind. "I hate you sometimes, Felix. What was I thinking when I married you?"

He didn't say anything. Instead, he reached for your hand, turning his face away. He gave your hand a gentle squeeze, then quickly let go and kept his hands to himself.

You smiled idiotically, leaning forward, trying to look at his face. You were pretty ecstatic over this. After spending so much time wondering what this relationship even was, you found a way to understand his feelings toward you. This little idea could, in your opinion, be the very thing that holds your relationship together.

He got up again, still hiding his face from you. "I'm going to sleep," he grumbled as he went to change out of his usual day outfit.

You decided to change into something more comfortable as well. He'd never wake you up in the mornings, so you had to make sure you got plenty of rest to get up and have breakfast with him.

When you were completely ready to sleep, you came back to your bedroom to find Felix was already (presumably) unconscious. He never waited for you before he went to bed, but to be fair, on days he worked much later, you would turn in early instead of waiting for him. He didn't like physical contact very much, so it's not like you had a reason to stay up waiting if you weren't going to get any cuddles.

You lay down on your side of the bed, pulling the covers up above your shoulders. Thinking back to the prior event of Felix finally telling you he loved you for the second time ever, you smiled again. You briefly thought about how well this idea would work before you fell asleep.

---

I know this is really short, but I think that's okay. I didn't want to overdo it.