𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Sorry for taking so long on this one. Honestly, the Jake chapters aren't my favourite to write so there's a little bit of Edward thrown in here.

Vote, Comment and add this story to your Reading Lists and Libraries for more!

Enjoy the chapter!

- Syd

The water rushed beneath us. It was a cold looking pool of crashing rapids. Maybe I should have listened to Edward. This is a bad idea. I took a careful step forward, worried I was going to trip and fall to close to where the cliff met the water. There was a drop off and if you didn't jump that far you hit the huge jagged rocks. It was deadly.

I glanced queasily to my side to see Quil and Embry rough housing like they were on stable ground, and not a ledge thirty feet above water.

They were trying to push each other off.

I took a step away from the two of them, not wanting to be collateral damage to their reckless form of playing. I watched, and for the first time I noticed all three of the boys had the same matching tattoo; a circular black tribal wolf face. Wolves again. They have to mean something.

Quil grabbed Embry around the waste and let out a wild scream before tossing him off the side of the cliff. My jaw dropped and out came a horrified gasp. Quil then turned to me with a playful smirk.

"See you soon, Bella." He winked before jumping off the cliff after his friend. Quickly I found myself close to the edge, worried that neither of the boys had made the drop off and that their bodies would be laying on the rocks below. To my relief both boys were treading water below us, their shared laughter and playful threats of a rematch rung out over the water like a bell.

"You feeling the thrill, Bells?" Jake came up beside me and put his arm around my waist. He had promised to jump with me, but I knew it wasn't to make me feel safer about it. He was going to make sure I didn't chicken out. He wanted me to have fun the Jake way.

"I don't think I'm over the queasiness of it all yet." I peered over the edge again. With Jakes arm around me I knew there was no way to back out now. He wouldn't let me go even if I tried to turn back. He'd talk me into it somehow. We were going to jump. I reminded myself that I needed to be pushed out of my comfort zone, but I still felt sick to my stomach.

Jake just smiled.

"Look." He reached out his index finger and pointed to a spot in the distance. It was the safety of the shore below. The beaches were the only place in Forks free of dense trees and forest. The air here smelled fresh, sort of like seaweed and salt water, and was refreshing compared to Fork's lingering scent of rain and old wood. "We used to sit on that beach when we were kids, and we'd watch all of the local teenagers jump. You were so excited for the day we'd be one of them, we used to plan for it. Think about the Bella Swan that sat on the beach all those years ago, and craved this moment. Jump for her."

Jakes speech tugged at all of the right heartstrings. I was so brave back then, and prepared myself for who I would be today. I didn't know nor expect this to be the way I turn out; a pitiful coward with an array of mental issues.

I had to jump, to prove to myself that I was as strong as I desired to be. I had the power to overcome all of my nightmares, both awake and sleeping, everything out of my control could be handled if I played my cards right, and I could uncover the mysteries Forks held. I could get what I wanted; an untainted life.

"Here," Jake offered his hand. "I won't let go."

All I had to do was prove to myself, and to this god awful life I'd been graced with, that I was strong. Strong enough to jump a thirty foot cliff.