Prologue

You see a picture or advertisement and think that the people are living such perfect lives. Their smiles are forever, but in reality we miss the stories of the people behind the picture. We really don’t know the hidden……you know……things the people really have going on. We believe that they’re so perfect, but do we honestly have any how idea what’s behind the smiles and the laughter? This is where the idea that “We all have a story” comes in. We all have a past. We all have things that influence who we are today.

        So this is my story. The story about a girl who thought the sun wouldn’t shine any brighter than it already did but didn’t think it would dim so much to drown her in darkness. There’s this one picture I remembered the most before it happened. It’s the one where I sat on the porch in between my parents and the sun was bright, our average house was shining in the background and there were smiles on our faces. Little did I know that that was one of the last times I would smile for a long time. That was when I was twelve.

        My name is Eliana Amberson, and I’m sixteen years old. This is the story of a girl who used to smile; whose sun stopped shining; who stopped hoping for the storm to end. This is the story where it really is true that the people who used to have the brightest smiles are ones that hurt the most.