Chapter 17

(9:01 am at Kwangdong Hospital)

Jai's POV

I already texted hyung all the things that happened.

I can't tell it to him personally because I'm afraid that I will lose my sight to Taehyung if I excuse myself to talk to Jinyoung. I can't also tell everything to Jinyoung while Taehyung is listening. So texting him was the safest way.

Jinyoung said that he will handle the demon himself but I got worried. He's not a champion anymore and he already lost his superpowers...but I thought wrong.

He lost his blessings but not his powers. I got confused there to be honest, but I didn't ask any further. I can always ask about it some other time.

The butler is the most important issue right now.

Although, I'm a bit hesitant of just relying on him, but it's the safest way.

And I can't fight demons, I don't even have any superpowers.

Wait I do!

But it's pretty useless, I can only see black smoke coming out of the demon-possessed butler's body.

"Do you know the guy earlier?" Taehyung asks and I nodded.

"He's a friend. By the way, are you going to finish your sweet pancake? If you don't, can I have some?" I said with sparkling eyes while looking at him.

Jinyoung's POV

Yoo Ji-- i mean Jai already told me everything that happened.

So the voices gave her mission again.

This is really weird.

I don't know if these voices are part of the curse or part of the blessing.

Normally, after receiving a blessing, you will gain superhuman abilities. And the only thing you have to do is to maintain the order of the world. Save people here and there and spread peace. The mortals that received a blessing from God are called Champions of Virtue. But there are no voices at all. We are free to do anything as long as it's right.

And I got some information from Jong-suk hyung that receiving a curse will also give you superhuman abilities having an only goal to destroy the morals of the world. The mortals that received curses from God are called Champions of the Sins. But I didn't hear anything hyung mentioned about weird voices in Champions of the Sins either.

This is the first time I heard something like this. Voices that will give you missions and if you fail to complete it, you will get punished.

It's true that there are demonic punishments for the demons though.

But Jai is human and this mission seems to guide her in a good way, unlike the demons.

If I'm not mistaken, the demons have different kinds of missions to do and they will receive a demonic punishment if they failed.

Jai has a curse as well as a blessing. Is this related to those?

The voices will give her missions, and Jai needs to choose between a bad mission and a good mission. If she failed to complete the mission she then will receive a demonic punishment, but will also receive rewards if she succeeded. The mission will also fail if she chooses the wrong mission. Is this really how these mysterious voices works?

And to actually think that these voices will give Jai a skill is quite unbelievable.

A mysterious existence that can grant mortal a superhuman skills. Only God and Satan can do that.