FOURTY NINE

the manager looked at taehyung in disbelief.
"he can't stay."

"why not?" jungkook asked. "why not? because of work? don't you see what happened with taehyung? let us rest dude." jungkook asked again harsher, gritting his teeth.

"you two were obvious enough, jungkook carried you to the ambulance, everyone in the hospital could hear him cry. when people find out jungkook stayed overnight with you in the hospital, they'll start more and more rumors. there are reporters waiting in front of the hospital. we are trying to hold them away from you. it's better and safer if jungkook comes with me."

jungkook frowned. "maybe it's better if the reporters find out.

"what are you talking about? are you insane?"

"then we can at least live peacefully..." taehyung added sadly.

"peaceful? how do you think is that possible? when people know about your relationship, they will confront you with questions and assumptions. bts will go under!"

"bts won't go under. people understand what love is. everywhere around the world, everyone accepts same gender love. just because our damn country and you and this ugly company don't accept it... you just don't try to understand us." jungkook said.

the manager was visibly angry. "let's go now, i can't listen to you two anymore." he rubbed his forehead.

"you don't need to listen to us anymore, you can go, i'll stay. i wish you a good night."
jungkook said coldly, taking taehyung's hand in his.

"this will have consequences. i warn you." the manager said and left, leaving the couple alone.

jungkook sighed and taehyung just starred at nothing in particular, while caressing the younger's hand. "i don't want this anymore." he mumbled quietly and jungkook looked down at him with a sad smile.

"me too." he answered and a second later, a nurse entered the room, giving the couple food. she smiled at them and left.

"eat as much as you want tae." jungkook said, also giving his own food to taehyung. "you haven't eaten all day."

taehyung eyed him and smiled. "jungkook, i won't eat if you won't," he said holding a piece of bread in front of jungkook, "i know you haven't eaten either."

jungkook sighed and took it with a light chuckle. "i don't deserve you."

"you deserve everything."
taehyung said still smiling.

jungkook just looked down at that.

"taehyung... are you happy?" he asked softly.
taehyung stopped chewing. he gulped the last bite down and took jungkook's hand.

"of course i'm happy." he smiled. jungkook nibbled on the bread.

"was the album the only reason why you were stressed out? i feel like... like i made you sad..."

the older's eyes widened and he felt bad. "jungkook, no, stop blaming yourself! yes, i was a little upset and it stressed me. i missed you, but i wasn't upset of you. i was upset because we had no time with each other. but it wasn't your fault. it was because of our schedule, not of you. but you're here jungkook, with me. i couldn't be happier."