4

"Let's go," I grabbed my bag and walked away with him. It was normal for him to open the door as his sweet gesture but he didn't do it today. I guess, something really pissed him off to the core. He's not usually like this. Could this be because of me?

I was chatting with his little sister, Alianora, also known as Alia. She was telling me everything with a lot of exclamation points and all are in caps. I silently giggled and I could feel his stare. Right, he will be more annoyed kapag may nakakatawa na hindi niya alam o hindi niya gets.

"what's wrong? Is this about us? Am I annoying you now?" pagtatanong ko. 

Is there even an 'us'?

"No, it's not about us. You're not annoying me. It's my brothers. Remember, they moved out?" I nodded and remembered Nicholas and Nikolei. "They're in the house. They don't want to see me and they're currently using the family card. I don't know what they are buying online. They wanted to be independent and that's why they moved out but mom , as a mom, begged them, right? And you know the rest, "

"You told them that once you step a foot outside the house, they are not allowed to go back. They're as good as strangers," I whispered the last sentence. Naalala ko pa ang masamang pakiramdam, nanginginig ako. I still remember Alia crying out loud before she changed herself after the twins left. Galit na galit na siya at katulad na ni Kenneth na para naring naging manhid.

"I'm here, naman diba?" I tried to reassure but I myself, I'm not sure if it's reassurance. I am afraid of Nicholas, e. Dilang playboy, he has anger issues. His behavior is snappish. If he doesn't like it, then it should not be around him anymore. 

When I got home, I greeted the helpers. Two of them were cleaning the living room. The rest are either in the kitchen, cleaning too or in their quarters. This house is always quiet. My brother's not here kasi. He's always out of the country. Ayaw n'yang manatili sa isang lugar kung nand'yan din si Mommy. Nawala na respeto niya kay Mommy. 

"Where's mommy?" they didn't get the chance to answer my question when I heard a thundering voice, near the stairs. 

"Where have you been Kana Atalia Miller? You're with that wretch again? Ah yes, Kenneth Alejandro Mendez," she was always full of sarcasm towards Kenneth and his family. Gusto ko ngang ipagtanggol si Kenneth kaso Mommy ko siya. Labag sa sarili ko na makig-away sa kaniya. Magulo na nga ang pamilya, dadagdagan ko pa ng problema.

"He just dropped me off, that's all mommy," my voice is always small when I'm around my mother.

"so, 3 hour drive from the school? Does it take 3 hours to send you home?" 

Home? This doesn't feel like home at all. 

"I'm sorry mommy," I didn't dare to make eye contact with her. 

"you should be. Now, off you go," she said in her ringing voice at this hour. 

While I was walking to my room, I noticed someone behind the stairs. They were looking at me with mad eyes. I sighed and waited for them to talk. Arianna is 5 years younger than me. Andres is 7 years younger. Both of them are my mom's children. They're my half-siblings.