16

I woke up with a throbbing head. Yes, nahihilo ako. It took me for a while to regain a clear vision of my room. However, I still feel dizzy each time I take small steps. I accidentally slipped on the floor and I hit my head on the wooden side table. 

"Ah, shoot," I groaned while holding my back. Sumasakit ang likod ko dahil sa malakas na impact. I stood up and looked at the mirror. My hair was a mess. I had drools on my hair, ugh. My eyes were a little red and my eye bags got a lot darker. 

"Epekto na dis. Ilan ba nainom ko?" tanong ko sa sarili ko. Sa bawat araw na gigising ako na ganito, sinisisi ko sarili ko. Kasalanan ko naman.

"What time is it?" I exercised my eyes by blinking several times and looking outside my windows. I love nature. It's the remedy of my eyes. "10 am? It's Christmas Eve!" 

I hurried over to the bathroom and thoroughly washed my face, careful to not pop any pimples. Mahirap na baka dumami pa. I washed my hair a little bit and brushed it, swiftly. I brushed my teeth too and used mouthwash. Wala nang make-up. I do not need to impress my family with how I look.

When I arrived downstairs, nandoon na sila lahat. Zenaida was drinking hot cocoa and Althea was laughing with Jackson who was eating bread? Where did they get that? Oatmeal cookies, naks. 

"It's Christmas Eve!" Andres shouted while running to the Christmas tree beside me. I hugged his side before letting him go. He was extremely active during Christmas Eve and of course, Christmas. Masaya ako na good mood siya.

"Merry Christmas," I greeted at the helpers and went to kuya Niran who was reading the company reports on his laptop screeen. I grabbed his laptop and hugged him. 

"Merry Christmas," he said and I smiled. I greeted almost everyone, except Arianna. 

"No work today, please," I begged kuya Niran who was about to grab his laptop. He sighed and shut down the gadget before showing a tight smile.

There were gifts below the tree already and it was very well decorated. The gifts had cute wrappings. "Who decorated the tree?" two helpers raised their hand before I saw two other hands. 

"Weh, hindi nga?" I eyed kuya Julian who raised both of his hands. Kuya Lucas slapped his hands before drinking coffee. 

"Ba't ayaw mo maniwala ah? Tumulong naman ako, diba ate?"

"Oo na, tumulong kana," sapilitang sagot ni manang Mar, our parlour maid who's also the head of the helpers. Basically, she's like my mom here. She keeps everyone in their place kaya takot lahat ng maids sa kaniya. 

"Kailan kayo aalis?" tanong ko kay Zenaida. She seemed so uncomfortable under kuya Lucas' gaze. Wait, why was he staring at the first place? May something ba sa kanila? Did something happened last night? Wala kasi akong maalala except noong sumusuka sila at umalis na kami.

"After breakfast, I guess. My ate texted me last night. You know, there's a lot of parties to attend," she gave a tight smile and tilted her head. Right, I have parties to attend with my kuyas.