35

Early October, Zenaida gave birth and last week, we celebrated baby Ze's first month. Time flew so fast and we all couldn't get enough with baby Ze. A week had passed and so was my hope. I thought that I would handle Cameron's company for few months or so but I failed to notice that Cameron was using me. All of my schedules collided and I nearly crashed. Therefore, in order to solve this schedule collision, both companies decided to make a project together. 

My COO, Flynn would lead the project together with Cameron's COO, Lindalyn, as I, the CEO of the two companies couldn't lead this one but I was still part of it, of course. Hindi pwedeng mawala ang parte ko.

"Mrs. Mendez, JC's financial team had already discussed the money we needed and it's aproximately $20 million. The construction would take 4-5 months if we start by 22nd and by April, it should be finished." Flynn told me with confident and as always, I felt so proud of having him as my COO. Kabisado na niya ang trabaho niya at sa sobrang bibo niya, pati trabaho kokabisado na niya. 

"We bought 1 acre of land for $25,000 and that's the cheapest price. The architects are still discussing how many acres of land we should use. We'll inform you if there's changes. We hired 30 construction workers this time and their labor per week is $840, omitting bonus wages. Oh, we hired 2 architects and 4 engineers," Lindalyn opened the PPT and we all looked at it. 

"Excluding the materials needed and the furnitures, what's the total cost?" I asked, trying to calculate on my own but I gave up. I needed a scratch paper and a pen but no one noticed it. 

"$1, 239, 400, Mrs. Mendez—"

"You said one acre of land. Will that be enough? Why didn't you buy 2 acres? We have the money to secure everything. " everyoen seemed to shiver at my simple question but they later nodded at me. 

"And you didn't include the worker's daily food and their shelter? Why is that? Are you going to starve them?" I kept on firing my questions which made them uneasy. I never wanted to let them feel like that but we're talking about the workers.  

Workers, no matter who they are, they should be treated right that's why we raised their wage, omitting bonuses because I thought that the foods and shelter were included. What would be their source of energy? Plus, I was thinking of their safety. Mahirap na kasi pag may mangyaring masama. Pwede kaming kasuhan. 

"Use the remaining money for the workers okay? They can sue us. Let's move on, who are the architects and the engineers?" 5 other people raised their hand before hastily looking at me. 

Krys? Cadiot? Jake? WTH?! Why wasn't I informed? I glared at the three who was stifling a laugh and lowkey high-fived each other. I am so not glad with this. This is a disaster.

"We're missing—"

"I am so sorry for being late. So, what did I miss?" my eyes enlarged when I saw Nicole walking, disturbing the meeting. Now, she's the disaster. 

"What are you doing here?" nakapagtatakang tanong ko habang pinipilit na hindi mainis.