25

"Wait, don't sit there, I'll sit there," he added when he saw an employee sitting beside me. I was busy dialing Alexa but she texted me that she couldn't be there since Cameron was lashing out. What's wrong with him?

We were starting the meeting when suddenly the door opened. "Sorry, I'm representing my twin sister for today," Knox walked in.  Most of the female employees stared at him. Sadly, he's already married to Zenaida, surprising right? 

He took the seat beside me and I welcomed him. I adjusted my skirt before I hugged him. Magbebeso na sana kami pero bigla akong hinatak ni Caspian. Siraulo

"What's wrong with your husband? And why is she here? After 14 years!" Caspian whispered-shouted at me while playing with his expensive pen. I suddenly want to steal it. 

"Well, I don't know too. You know, he didn't even greet me or hugged me like a husband would do. He's a doctor, why is he here?" I whispered back at him. 

"You're his wife, you should know about his whereabouts," he threw the question back at me again. We were like elementary kids whispering secrets to each other. 

"Kaya nga nabigla ako kanina. He did not greet me lagi, naiintindihan mo ba ako? He frickin' acted like he didn't know me and Nicole showed up yesterday and Logan found out about her. She even—"

"It would be very much nice if you two would share it with us," Knox pointed at us and now everyone was looking at us. We were like caight red-handed. I slapped his hand away from mine while I placed mine on top of the table but then I touched my hair to ease awkwardness. 

"Please, do continue," Caspian cleared his throat and then scratched his head. "Ang kati," he whispered and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. 

Kenneth was glaring at me and muttering something. I was back at my old self. I mimicked him while sending back his dagger like glares. Nagseselos siya? Nagseselos din ako. 

"So, this event, where should we held this?" She spoke up, making me smile. I honestly didn't know kung sincere na ngiti o parang may balak, pero hindi naman ako umiinom ng alak. 

"Well...Mrs. Mendez' resort which is currently managed by her sister, Arianna was a good suggestion. Mrs.Mendez? Any thoughts?" Knox stuttered while pointing his pen at me, for the third time. 

"Please call me Atalia for today," I genuinly smiled at him, correcting him. Caspian who's beside me almost spat his water. Well, almost

For most people inside the room, they were shocked with how I corrected Knox. Not because he's a CEO but because I was clearly Mrs. Mendez. It was quite disrespectful if a wife suddenly didn't want to be called by her husband's name. 

Well, wala akong pake sa kanila. Mas disrespectful siya ngayon. 

"I'm sorry but Mr. Mendez, would you like me to call her—"

"You're talking to me," mataray na sagot ko tsaka tinaasan siya ng kilay. Kenneth eyed me again. Yataps siya sa akin pag-uwi namin.