28

Nakahiga ako, hindi na makapag-hintay pa sa usapan namin kanina. Pagkatapos sa nangyari sa event ni Nicole, parang ayoko nang lumabas. I'm isolating myself from liars and snakes and bitches. 

Ever since she showed herself up, the picture was broken. She came into the picture, claiming her imaginary title that she lost a long time ago. All I can do for now is to observe, observe a little more, be patient and trust Kenneth...but my trust for him is slowly fading. I'm afraid that I couldn't trust him after what happened last afternoon. 

Akalain mo, inaway ni Kyla si Nicole dahil minsan na siyang sinapak. Sinong matinong tao ang manapak ng isang sekretarya? Bobo ba siya? Kyla did her job but that woman was so arrogant that she fogot her place. She did embarassed herself and lost Kyla's respect. 

I wanted to cry kasi napakabigat na ang loob ko. Dinatnan ako kanina...and guess what? I got more temperamental, strained and emotional. I once considered being pregnant but I got my period in the morning. I couldn't defend my theory of being pregnant since we were always protected...I guess I was just tiny-weeny delusional ambitious woman.

"Babe?" Kenneth called out, hugging me from the back. He slipped his arms on my stomach and I felt strange fluttery feeling. Now, I can't even stay mad at him. 

"I'm really sorry...I don't even know what to say, honestly babe. What happened earlier was totally my fault. From now on, the guards won't let her in. Chairman Mendez was there when that happened and he got mad at Nicole that's why he banned her from entering the hospital...unless it's a crucial emergency," napabuntong hininga siya bago ngumuso. Hinalikan niya ang likod ng tainga ko tapos hinalikan ang leeg ko. Malambot lang ang mga halik ngunit iba ang pakiramdam ko. 

"Kenneth, why are you being like this?" hindi ko na sinasadya na magmukhang iyakin dahil rinig na rinig naman niya ang basag na boses ko. 

"Love, please don't cry. I hate myself when I hear or see you cry," he softly kissed my cheek but I didn't felt a single fluttery feeling. 

"Then you must surely hate yourself from now on because she won't leave you now," I felt a tear slipped each corner of my eyes and I hastily wiped it with my thumb. 

"No you don't mean that...no...no, baby, please," we were both silent, listening to each other. Listening to the cries of the hearts. 

The night was cold and each time I breathe, it got heavy. We did not say anything. We didn't need to. All we did was to hold on to each other, healing our own wounds as it was the only thing that we could do. We couldn't do anything about the person behind our pain as it already happened. 

I sighed heavily before facing him and he softly placed his arm on my waist again, after we both adjusted. I looked at his face and tapped myself thrice before reassuring myself. "It's okay, even the sky cries sometimes. Let's just hold on to each other, my love," 

During the morning, I got busy and busy until the end of the week. Next week na kasi ang end sa special term and next week na rin ang birthday ko. How nice. 

"Mrs. Mendez?" the school's secretary called. Instantly, I raised my eyebrows at her before following her outside the lounge.