Chapter Six

Having told Natasha that they were going to the movies, Sebastian and Kiar climbed into the front seat of Sebastian's car, the bearded man driving.

"So, a woman gets crushed by a chandelier and swears she saw her dead husband?" Kiar asked as Callum looked to be having a staring contest with Cosmo.

"Yep." Sebastian nodded. "Seems simple enough."

"Yeah, way too simple." Kiar told him. "You sure this isn't just some freak accident and the woman hit her head and dreamt it up?"

"Strange. It's usually me telling you that." Sebastian said.

"Yeah, because if Dean or Natasha find out, they'll murder us!" Kiar shouted.

"Please, stop fighting." Callum said.

"We're not fighting, Callum." Kiar chuckled. "It's just something Sebastian and I do."

"Yeah, just a little joke between me and the pirate." Sebastian agreed, winking at Kiar, causing Callum to laugh. "So, want some music on?"

"Daddy usually plays AC/DC." Callum said. "I like that."

"He's got a good taste in music, Seb." Kiar told his friend. "Definitely didn't get that from your side of the family."

"Shut up, asshole." Sebastian chuckled.

        Sebastian carried Callum as he and Kiar entered the small hospital room. In the bed lay a woman, looking to be in her sixties.

"Hello, Mrs Meyers." Kiar said. "I'm Agent Simmons, this is my partner, Agent Scott. That's his nephew, Callum."

"Couldn't get a babysitter." Sebastian said as he and Kiar took out fake FBI badges and held them out to here. "We're here to talk about what you saw after your accident."

He placed Callum down, instead taking the boy's hand.

"Yes, I saw my husband." Mrs Meyers explained. "But he died three years ago in a car accident."

"Are you a hundred percent sure it was him, Mrs Meyers?" Sebastian asked. "Are you sure it wasn't just a picture or a dream?"

"Please, call me Marie." She told them. "And, yes, I'm sure it was Frank. I'd recognise him anywhere."

"Can you tell us where he was buried, Marie?" Kiar asked as Callum began kicking at the ground.

"We buried an empty coffin." She said solemnly. "No body was found. He crashed into the local lake."

"Can I leave Callum in here for a moment whilst I talk to Agent Simmons?" Sebastian asked Marie, who gave a gentle nod. Sebastian lifted Callum onto a nearby chair before leaving the room with Kiar.

"You're awfully quiet for a boy your age." Marie told him. "My grandson is always jumping and climbing everything."

"I like being quiet." Callum said. "Helps me concentrate on other things."

"So, why's your Uncle looking after you and not your Mommy?" She asked.

"Mommy died when I was born." Callum explained. "Uncle Seb is just looking after me for a few days whilst my Daddy is working in Wisconsin. My Daddy's the best. He protects me from monsters!"

Marie chuckled before picking up her purse, taking a dollar from inside and holding it out to the boy.

"Get yourself some candy with that, all right?" She told him with a smile as the boy took it.