Chapter Two

Sam and Dean headed into a motel to rent a room, leaving Callum in the Impala. It only took a moment for Sam and Dean to return, and Callum followed them happily towards one of the room, Callum in his hands.

He watched as Sam picked the lock to the room, not knowing what he really was doing.

When the door opened, Sam stepped inside, Callum following as he looked around the room. The walls were covered in maps, newspaper clippings and other things.

Dean followed them inside, closing the door behind him.

"What happened?" Callum questioned as Dean picked up an old hamburger and sniffed immediately stepping away.

"No idea, kiddo." Dean said. "I don't think he's been here in a couple of days at least."

Sam knelt down beside the bed, picking up a pinch of the white powder that surrounded it.

"Salt, cats-eye shells... he was worried." Sam said. "Trying to keep something from coming in."

"Callum, why don't you have a nap whilst Uncle Sammy and I talk?" Dean told the young boy, who was about to speak back. "Callum." Dean repeated.

"Fine...." The boy gave in before letting Dean lift him onto the bed.

        "Hey, man." Dean said as he walked out of the bathroom having just taken a shower. "I'm starving, I'm gonna grab a little something to eat in that diner down the street. You want anything?"

"No." Sam replied.

"Aframian's buying." Dean told him, trying to get him to change his mind.

"Mm-mm." Sam shook his head, turning to look at the boy sleeping on the bed. "But you should get him something. He'll be upset if you don't."

"Yep." Dean chuckled before heading outside, pulling on his jacket.

Only a few minutes after Dean left, Sam's phone went off. It was Dean.

"What?" Sam said.

"Dude, five-oh." Dean replied. "Take off."

Sam stood up, heading towards Callum.

"What about you?" Sam asked.

"Uh, they kinda spotted me." Dean said. "Wake up Callum and go find Dad."

And he hung up, Sam shaking Callum awake and making sure the boy had Cosmo before heading towards the window, spotting an officer watching over.

He lifted Callum into his arms and they headed out of the motel room through the bathroom window.

        Sam carried Callum up to the door to a small house, knocking on the door. An older man answered the door, staring at the two.

"Hi." Sam said. "Are you Joseph Welch?"

"Yeah." The man replied.

A couple minutes later they were walking down the driveway, Joseph holding a picture that had John in it. Callum walked by Sam's side, holding his Uncle's hand tightly.

"Yeah, he was older, but that's him." Joseph said, handing the picture back to Sam. "He came by three or four days ago. Said he was a reporter."

"That's right." Sam nodded. "We're working on a story together."

"Well, I don't know what the hell kinda story you're working on." Joseph told him. "The questions he asked me."