Chapter Eleven

Callum's head rested against the cold glass window as he sat in the back of the Impala, watching Sam try to help Dean out of the front passengers seat.

"I got ya." Sam said.

"I got it." Dean snapped, getting himself up. "You get Callum."

Sam did so, opening the back door, causing Callum to nearly fall right out if it wasn't for his seatbelt. Sam lifted the boy, who was gripping tightly onto Cosmo, into his arms,

"Man, you are a lying bastard." Dean said as they began walking away from the Impala and towards a large tent. "Thought you said we were going to see a doctor."

"I believe I said a specialist." Sam corrected. "Look, Dean, this guy's supposed to be the real deal."

"I can't believe you brought me here to see some guy who heals people out of a tent." Dean said as an old woman walked passed.

"Reverend LeGrange is a great man." She said.

"Yeah, that's nice." Dean growled.

"I have a right to protest" A man said to a cop. "This man is a fraud. And he's milking all these people out of their hard-earned money."

"Sir, this is a place of worship." The cop said. "Let's go. Move it." And the cop led the man away.

"I take it he's not part of the flock." Dean said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, when people see something they can't explain, there's controversy." Sam chuckled.

"I mean, come on, Sam, a faith healer?" Dean questioned.

"Maybe it's time to have a little faith, Dean." Sam told him.

"You know what I've got faith in?" Dean said. "Reality. Knowing what's really going on." He looked at Callum, who was looking around at everyone, still gripping onto Sam. It hurt him knowing that he wasn't strong enough to carry his own son.

"How can you be a sceptic? With the things we see everyday?" Sam asked.

"Exactly. We see them, we know they're real." Dean told him.

"I've never seen Santa..." Callum said. "Does that mean he doesn't exist?"

"No, Santa's the only exception, kiddo." Dean assured him, causing the five year old to sigh in relief.

"But if you know evil's out there, how can you not believe good's out there, too?" Sam asked, getting back on topic as they stopped at the entrance of the tent.

"Because I've seen what evil does to good people." Dean said.

"Maybe God works in mysterious ways." The young woman who was walking passed said as she turned to them.

"Maybe he does." Dean said, giving her a flirty smile. "I think you just turned me around on the subject."

"Yeah, I'm sure." The woman said. Dean held out his hand.

"I'm Dean." He said. "This is Sam. And that shy little one is Callum." At the sound of his name, he pressed his face into Sam's chest, confirming the statement.

The woman shook his hand before talking, "Layla. So, if you're not a believer, then why are you here?"

"Well, apparently my brother and kid here both believe enough for the three of us." Dean explained as an older woman walked over, placing an arm around Layla.