Chapter Twenty-Six

Sam awoke as footsteps approached the wrecked Impala. Knowing it was most likely a demon as he hadn't seen any flashing lights or heard any sirens, he got the colt ready.

The demon ripped the door on Sam's side off of it's hinges, revealing Sam holding the colt at it.

"Get back or I'll kill you, I swear to god." Sam snapped.

"You won't." The demon told him. "You're saving that bullet for someone else."

"You wanna bet?" Sam asked, cocking the gun. The demon responded by smiling before leaving out of the man's mouth in a cloud of smoke.

Sam dropped his head backwards as the man the demon had been possessing looked up.

"Oh, my God!" The man shouted.

"Dad?" Sam said.

"Did I do this?" The man asked.

"Dad!" Sam continued. "Dean?! Callum!!"

        Sam entered his brother's hospital room, seeing him attached to multiple machines that were most likely keeping him alive.

"Oh, no..." Sam said softly, trying to stop the tears entering his eyes. He stood above his brother for a moment, only stopping when someone behind him spoke.

"Your father's awake." The doctor told him. "You can go see him if you'd like."

"What about Cal?" Sam questioned.

"He's out of surgery." The doctor replied. "You can go see him after he wakes up."

"And my brother?" Sam asked.

"Well, he sustained serious injury: blood loss, contusions to his liver and kidney." The doctor explained. "But it's the head trauma I'm worried about. There's early signs of cerebral edema."

"Well, what can we do?"

"Well, we won't know his full condition until he wakes up. If he wakes up."

"If?"

"I have to be honest, most people with this degree of injury wouldn't have survived this long. He's fighting very hard. But you need to have realistic expectations, son."

        "All right. Here." John said, reaching into his wallet and pulling our a medical insurance card. He was lying in bed, right arm in a sling. "Give 'em my insurance."

Sam took it, quickly reading it and smiling.

"Elroy McGillicutty?" Sam questioned as he sat down.

"And his two loving sons and grandson." John said with a small smile. "So, what else did the doctor say about Dean?"

"Nothing." Sam replied. "Look. The doctors won't do anything, then we'll have to, that's all. I don't know, I'll find some hoodoo priest and lay some mojo on him."

"We'll look for someone." John assured him.

"Yeah."

"But Sam, I don't know if we're gonna find anyone." John admitted.

"Why not? I found that faith healer before." Sam said.

"All right, that was... that was one in a million." John told him.