Chapter 46

This chapter is dedicated to janusSanders101 happy belated birthday!

It was still dark out when I woke up. I sighed sitting up before looking over and saw my fiance with his face smushed into the pillow. I giggled quietly and took a picture setting it as my lock screen. I slipped out from under the covers and padded down the hall peeking into Grace’s room smiling when I saw her cuddling her pillow I closed the door quietly and resumed walking down the hall walking downstairs I looked into the fridge and sawI need to go shopping so I grabbed my wallet and phone off the counter along with Jefferson’s car keys leaving a scribbled note, “headed into town for shopping.” I browsed the aisles throwing in food we needed and along with a couple things that I wanted I stopped in the health care aisle grabbing feminine products for Wanda, Nat, and I. I scrolled down the junk food aisle grabbing a lot of chips and candy and if anyone questioned it I was going to play it on the baby I quickly paid for everything and headed back to the house Bucky and Steve were waiting out on the porch and quickly walked over to the car picking up most of the bags making me sigh in frustration, “you guys know I’m capable of doing myself right?” Steve smiled sheepishly, “well you’re still recovering and technically you’re supposed to be on bedrest.” I narrowed my eyes at him and pointed my finger, “comin’ from the person who avoids listening to instructions more than Stark.” We walked into the house and I set to putting everything in the proper places except for the junk food which Steve and Bucky stared at questionly, “I have cravings, leave me alone.” I threw a container of cashews at Bucky, “I remember you saying something about liking them a while back so I got you some.” he smiled and kissed the top of my head and I threw Steve a bag of veggie chips, “I know you don’t like too much junk food so I got you the closest thing to it.” he smiled repeating the actions Bucky did he went to sit in the living room and I grabbed Bucky’s arm, “how are you and Steve doing?” I could feel his stress, “we’re doing all right.” he tried to play it off I sighed jumping up onto the counter, “you’re forgetting I’m an empath Bucky talk to me I wanna help your stress isn’t helping.” he leaned against the cabinet across from me, “I guess I’m just stressed that one day Steve will wake up and think our relationship is a mistake.” I smiled at him, “Bucky he’s been in love with you since the forties. I doubt he would ever think that talk to him don’t hide your feelings. It's healthy to talk in a relationship.” he raised a brow, “do you tell Jefferson everything?” I swallowed, “this isn’t about me Bucky it’s about you.” he smirked, “you’re avoiding the question doll.” I picked at the chipped polish on my nails, “I don’t wanna tell him cause unlike you my fear of him leaving me is rational.” he rolled his eyes pulling me into a hug, “doll he is absolutely smitten about you, you could’ve killed someone then maybe he’d scold you, but he could never even dream of leaving you.” I sighed and leaned into his embrace, “I don’t know.” he kissed my forehead, “talk to him.” he spun and headed into the living room and I followed him and sat at the piano thumbing at the keys until I started playing.

This time it don't feel like you want it all

Did I do something wrong to make you go?

Said I would know when it's all good to fall

Now I just need you here to hold me close, oh

'Cause I don't want another heart to fill the holes

That you left under my covers for me to grow cold

I don't wanna miss somebody who's not missing me

But the city feels so lonely when you leave, yeah

My room, where I want you

Tangled ease in my sheets

In your shirt that I got you

Half asleep, holding onto me

My bed where you left me

Tangled up, now it's noon

In your shirt that you gave me

Half asleep, wishing I still had you

This time you said you're playing games again

What are we becoming of it now?

It's fine, I said, if you're the one in my head

'Cause I just don't know how to put you out

'Cause I don't want another heart to fill the holes

That you left under my covers for me to grow cold

I don't wanna miss somebody who's not missing me

But the city feels so lonely when you leave

My room, where I want you

Tangled ease in my sheets

In your shirt that I got you

Half asleep, holding onto me

My bed where you left me

Tangled up, now it's noon

In your shirt that you gave me

Half asleep, wishing I still had you

I'm half asleep, wishing I still had you

Steve and Bucky clapped making me roll my eyes. I closed the lid over the keys and walked over snuggling into Steve’s side, “you can call me weird or whatever, but since you're my biological father can I call you so?” he looked down at me, “if that’s what you want I won’t stop you, but only if you want to.” I smiled, “y’know I’m really glad I never liked you like all the other kids did now.” he raised a brow, “they’d always shove your comics in my face yelling at me for not liking how cute you were.” he chuckled opening his mouth to speak but Bucky cut him off, “of course he’s cute have you seen his face.” I smiled, “they also shipped you two always saying something along the lines of how Steve does not see Bucky is so in love with him no one cares for just a friend that much.” Bucky’s face tinged pink and Steve’s mouth dropped, “okay I’m exhausted I’m going back to sleep.” I kissed both their cheeks and head upstairs and laid in bed immediately getting pulled into the chest of Jefferson, “good morning love.” I groaned, “no I’m going back to bed and you’re staying with me.” he chuckled, kissing my temple, “okay no arguments.” I grinned until I heard the cry of James making me groan as I stood up.