Chapter 21

I walked over to a little diner called Granny’s and sat down in a booth hidden in the corner away from everyone else. I stared out the window wondering how Jefferson could have forgotten about me I subconsciously bit my lip trying to hold back tears suddenly the seat across from eme shifted as someone sat down I saw someone with a sheriff badge on I raised an eyebrow, “can I help ya?” he smiled, “I was informed that someone new was in town so I decided to see for myself sorry if I’m bothering you I’m Graham.” I smiled, “no you’re not bothering me at all I’m Luna.” I shook his hand and he chuckled, “it’s a small town and we haven’t had any visitors in a while so you’re the talk of the town.” I nodded, “well I won’t be here for much longer my aunt is coming to get me.” he nodded, “well have a safe trip.” he got up leaving me alone again I heard the bell chime signaling that someone entered I looked up and saw Jefferson and Grace I slouched down and tried to hide me face that way they wouldn’t see me, unfortunately luck wasn’t on my side and they walked straight towards me. Jefferson slid into the seat in front of me and Grace just stood studying me, “so how did you know who I am?” he had his head slightly tilted I sighed, “I kno-knew you but you obviously don’t remember me so I’m not gonna stick around if you don’t remember me.” I looked out the window again as tears stung my eyes, “how did you know me please, I need to know.” he looked at me with pleading eyes I played with my fingers, “we were friends and I taught Grace.” Grace smiled, “papa how can you not remember she’s the one that helped keep us together?” he looked even more confused, “what are you talking about Grace?” she sighed exasperatedly, “you were supposed to go to Wonderland but she took your place come on papa you have to remember.” I sighed rubbing her hand, “it’s fine Grace I’m leaving anyway.” I hugged her quickly then fled the scene running into a woman with short black hair, “oh my gosh I am so sorry ma’am.”  she crouched picking up her papers that I knocked out of her hand finally we stood and she smiled at me, “I’m the mayor Regina Mills.” she stuck out her hand, “I’m Luna sorry again.” she shrugged, “it’s alright it happens to the best of us.” I sighed, “I should probably get going it was nice to meet you Regina.” she smiled, “likewise Luna.”