Father-Daughter Moment.

This chapter is not edited.

"Dad!" MJ went on to hug his father but he stopped her by raising his hand.

"W-where were you yesterday?" She asked hesitantly as she retracted her hands.

"I was busy." He simply disregarded. "And I see that you two are together, now." He looked at me and I stood up from my seat.

"Dad...actually-" MJ stuttered. "I know you told me, and while you might think I disregarded you but-"

"As if it isn't obvious." He scoffed. "MJ, I expected better. You disappointed me."

"Wait, what...you mean, you prohibited MJ from dating?" Mr. Stark asked with disbelief. "Why'd you do that?"

"I didn't stop her from dating. I just told her not to get attached to her mission. But, even after my warning, she got attached to him." Nick scoffed.

"I tried, Dad. Trust me. But I couldn't control it!" MJ spoke her feelings. "And. And I don't even get it why don't you want me to be with Peter. What's wrong?" She spoke in a soft voice. Not shouting, not crying. Just trying to explain and understand.

"I am just trying to prevent you from making mistakes." He said grudgingly.

"Nick, if you want her to prevent doing mistakes, you gotta let her realise her mistakes." Mr. Stark tried to ease him. "You need to let her be."

"I don't trust her enough to let her be, Tony. She's naive." Mr. Fury said harshly without hesitation. While, MJ looked like as if someone slapped her.

"It's about her, isn't it?" MJ said as her voice cracked. "I am not her." I saw her shivering a bit as she said this. "And Peter's not you."

Mr. Fury looked stunned. His jaws clenched. I am not sure if it was his anger, pain or sorrow.

"You don't have to worry about it." MJ's voice was shaky at this point. As if she was trying her best to hold the crying.

And me, I was confused. I had no idea what was she talking about. Or rather who was she talking about. As much as I could understand from the conversation, I think she was talking about her mother. But whatever it was seemed to be a very personal and sensitive topic for both, the father and daughter.

It seemed it was better if I kept quiet for now. They seemed to be having a rather harsh Father-Daughter moment.

"You don't talk like that, Jane!" Mr. Fury seethed.

"I actually do, when there's a need. I tried not to, though. But, you don't seem to listen to me that way." MJ said and mocked a smile.

"Look at her!" Mr. Fury shook his head. "Is this what I've trained you to be, all this year? I think I wasted my time and resources on her."

"Okay, Fury." Mr. Stark mediated. "MJ. Nobody has to be disrespectful to each other. Whatever is it, we can calm down, take a sip of water and talk everything out. Sounds good?"

"No. We are talking, Tony. Can't you see it?" Mr. Fury glared at MJ.

"Yes, Tony." MJ threw back the glare to her father through her misty eyes. "We are having a great conversation, actually."

Now this was about to get messier if nobody stopped them.

"Mr. Fury, please listen to me. You both are angry right now and- " I finally spoke as I walked a step closer to them.

"I am talking to my daughter, Spider-Man." He said sternly and shut me up.

"No! You're not. You are not talking to your daughter. You are just talking to a spy who works for you." MJ spoke softly.
"You just can't bear the fact that I did not listen to you. You treat me like a puppet, which you think, is broken now. But, it's not broken, because I am not a puppet and you're not a puppeteer. You're supposed to be my father, but you didn't even show up yesterday to meet me. Nobody seemed to notice it but I did, and I...I was hurt and..."
She sniffed and wiped her tears. "And disappointed and I just wanted to see you and hug you. But, it's okay, because I realised you were busy. And I was just being selfish for crying for you. I mean I could've met you today, right? But then, when you finally show up today, the first thing that I got to hear from you was that I didn't obey you. And the first feeling you showed was anger." She took in a deep breath. "
And since, I am just a worker for you, and I am fed up with all this, I quit." MJ looked in his eyes. "I can't bear my boss anymore and that's why I am leaving." She grabbed my hand, "Let's go, Peter." And walked out towards the elevator.

I turned my head to peek at the face in the office, that MJ so proudly left. Mr. Fury was just standing there, looking at the place where MJ stood a while ago. Mr. Stark looked at me. I threw him a helpless look. He sighed and gave me just a nod, in order to let me know that he will take care of Mr. Fury and will try to come up with a solution. That's the last thing I saw before MJ dragged me with her into the elevator.

"Can I-can I stay at your place for a while?" She asked after a moment of silence, while the elevator descended.

"I'll- I'll have to ask May." Words spilled out of habit.

"Oh."

"But she'll definitely agree." I said immediately and smiled at her. She smiled back at me through her moist eyes.

The elevator reached the ground floor and the door opened.

MJ and I held hands and we walked out of the building.

______________________________________

A/N- So this was the final chapter and what? I hit 10k views! Thanks guys! Also, don't worry I will be uploading an epilogue. But this was a great journey and I just want to thank you all for all the support and likes, comments. They really made my day.
And...yeah. bye.