F.O.S.S (Epilogue)

The chapter is not edited.

I fiddled with the door keys as I kept throwing glances at MJ. She's looks so sad.. I just wanna hug her.

"What?" She asked with a suppressed voice. "Open the door."

"Yeah. Sorry." I unlocked the door.

"Hey, Peter! You're back early." Aunt May looked up from the kitchen counter.

"May? I thought you're at work." I entered the house, MJ following me behind and waving awkwardly to May.

"MJ? You're back! It's so nice to see you again." Her face lit up as she walked towards MJ and hugged her tightly. "I thought I would never get to meet you once Peter told me that you were gone for good!"

May still hugged her as MJ hugged back and stayed still in her embrace for a while.

"Dear, are you okay?" She asked.

MJ found comfort in May's hug and she whispered as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I left him. My father. I know it isn't good. But I had to." She let out a shaky breath as she pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears.

"Hey," May cupped her cheeks and wiped the never stopping tears. I was getting emotional too as a few drops escaped my eyes. "Tell me everything. I am here to listen." MJ nodded.

"Peter, get some ice cream from fridge, will you?" May asked as she led MJ to the couch.

I searched the fridge for ice cream tub and brought it back to MJ.

She took it from my hands but didn't eat it.

"Don't worry, dear. Take your time." May rubbed her back. I sat down in front of them as MJ composed herself and finally ate some ice cream.

"I am sorry, May. I didn't mean to bother you with all this." She said in a low voice.

"No..." May pouted. "You're my children. You can come here whenever you want to."

"Thank you." MJ smiled. "Can I-Can I stay here for a while."

"Of course, you can dear." May smiled. "You didn't even have to ask."

MJ smiled. And after a moment she finally spoke.

"I hate him. My father."

She explained everything to her. Every single detail. Except, of course, she didn't tell her the part that the job her father does, and expects her to do, is spying for SHIELD. She just told May that he is asking her to follow his path, and stopping her from doing what she wants. He always pushed her into opting the same career and even trained her for it.

But he was never there as a father. Always as a trainer. After her mother passed away, he became more distant, and started putting burden on her even more. He lost his feelings, became hard on her. And she was just seven when her mother passed away.

But, MJ never complained. She did cry quite a few times, but also comforted herself and pulled herself together. She followed him blindly and wanted to prove to her father that she can be the person her father wants her to be. But everytime, his expectations increased and she found herself in a loophole which she couldn't escape and now was the time she broke that loophole.