R I P T I D E

I really want to say my life was that of a normal teenager.

Really really wanted to say it.

But guess what? Percy Jackson is always gonna be different from everyone else. Because i was cursed with powers.

Maybe I should back up.

I'm an orphan from half blood orphanage. My mother died moments after I was born, and my father had run off before I was even mentioned to him.

So I grew up in the orphanage, always staying away from trouble. But that didn't mean trouble stayed away from me.

The first time I exhibited something different was when I was ten. One of the younger kids of the orphanage went swimming, and I was the only one who heard her screaming as she splashed in the water.

Two years later, I did something abnormal again. I was swimming in there ocean, and I didn't realize a storm was coming. But as I saw lightning, I swam under. When I came back, it was hours later.

Now, I'm sixteen and stuck in high school.

Honestly, I think it should be called hell school.

Maybe it would've been better if I had more than one friend. Don't get me wrong, I love Grover. He's awsome and the best friend you could ever have.

Also coming from the orphanage, we grew up like brothers. He was the one to tell me I was different.

And so, once I entered high school, I asked to join O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. Otherwise known as Observant Logical Young Men Powerhouses Unseen Supers.

And I got in.

I thought I'd be off saving the city like some of my heroes, but instead I'm stuck bringing coffees to the people watching the city.

Not exactly what I was going for.

But I did manage to steal a few things. Not too much that it would be noticeable, but enough I could run a few tests and figure things out.

It had been a few months since I started my job. And I finally had a suit ready.

It was a normal black suit with blue and sea green accents all around. I had a mask that matched it, and no cape.

Grover just wanted to be the guy in the chair, and I don't think there could be a better person for the job.

"Waterboy, come in waterboy," I heard Grover test out the earpiece as I used water to fly.

"Not waterboy. We discussed this. If I get noticed, the press gets to name me," I muttered.

"Fine. Just take a left and you should find the villian. It's some guy who falls himself the monitor. He uses horns as knifes, be careful,"

"I will, G-man. Any weakness?"

"His right side. But it's thick, you can only use his own knifes,"

"Great. I'll figure something out,"

I landed gracefully, splashing some water in his face before the fight started. He moved for my right, I dodged right.

He was a bigger dude, so his punches would be more powerful, but i was smaller, so I could move around quicker.

Stealing has always been a bit easy. Not like you wouldn't realize I did it, but enough I could do it without getting hit.

I grabbed one of his horns and stabbed him in the right, before tying him up in a rope made of water and dropping him of at the O. L. Y. M. P. U. S. building.

After I got home and changed, we all sat down at the large dining room and ate dinner. I looked at the tv, finding that one of my favorite reporters, Apollo was talking.

"Hello Long Island south. After a murder is man started reeling havoc on the city, a teenager by the looks of it stopped him. With water powers, the city might've found their new super. No one knew about who he was, but we have elected to call him riptide,"

I gave a small smile to Grover, who shared it.

"riptide, huh? Not bad,"