R I P T I D E

Nico made it. He made the choice, and I really wanted Luke to make the same choice but I wasn't sure if it was too late.

No. It's never too late. Not for him, not for anyone.

I gave nico a hug, and I heard him whisper in my ear, "I left them,"

"You did the right thing," I whispered back, before turning around back to the rest of the group.

"Guys, this is nico. He is not in any legal trouble because he never hurt anyone or broke the law,"

I saw Thalia give a genuine smile, "glad you finally came around, neeks,"

We lead him to the hero room, and all sat down on the multiple seats there were. The room—despite being colorful—had a gloomy feeling and I knew I had to change that.

"What are we?" I asked, looking at each person.

They glanced around before hazel spoke up for them. "What do you mean?"

"What are we? Because I think a few days ago before I was kidnapped I could easily tell you. But a few days ago seems like forever ago,"

"What do you say we are now?" Thalia asked.

"I want to say heroes, but I don't think I can," I said simply, "because guess what? heroes can easily turn into villains,"

"Well than what are we?" Annabeth asked.

"A group of kids with gifts and a sense to protect those who can't protect themselves. That's not a hero, because heroes got lucky, and I don't think we were all chosen by a stroke of luck.

"But my question is, what are you willing to do? Because trust me, we could do so much to protect the innocents, but that's a hero's job.

"Our job is to protect everyone. And that means not killing, not taking the light from someone's eyes. Not turning into monsters.

"So I'll ask you again, what are we?"

They remained silent and I continued. "Demigods,"

"What?" They all asked slowly.

"We're apart of O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. right? So it makes sense. Plus, how many greek heroes turned into monsters? None, and Greek heroes were called demigods. So that's what I think we are,"

The room was silent before Annabeth stood up and joined me, "demigods huh? I'm in,"