P Y R O

Hazel had called me and said she wanted me to meet one of her older friends. She also said I didn't have to be secretive about my powers because he had some too.

I was expecting someone with really small powers, not the newest superhero that everyone wanted to meet.

"Your riptide," I said, eyes wide as I pulled out my superhero stack of photos. Yes, I carry them around. And yes I'm a geek.

But it goes a bit deeper than that. I have always been a bit of a tech whiz, so hacking into the American government was an easy thing I could do in my sleep.

I had about every superhero autograph ever, and I had access to handwritings. So, putting two and two together I knew every superhero secret identity ever.

Not that I needed that, because riptide automatically stuck his hands out for a handshake, "I'm Percy. You must be Leo,"

"Yeah. I'm a huge fan by the way, I love water powers or any super powers in general,"

"Yeah, haze tells me you have powers too,"

For a moment I thought he was repenting to my fire powers, before I realized hazel was talking about my fake powers. It was just a really great skill.

"Yeah, I can build basically anything. And I'm incredible with technology,"

"So what I'm hearing is you can hack into school and tell me what we're having for lunch tomorrow,"

I smirked, "pepperoni pizza although it's made with fake everything,"

"Like I expected. At least it's not poison,"

"Actually one of the ingredients is very high risk for corona,"

"Great. Better than the orphanage cooking,"

"Your an orphan?" I asked, taken by surprise.

"Yeah. My dad ran off before I was born, my mom died in a fire,"

"Oh," was all I said.

I know it looked like I was just embarrassed, but it was really because I knew what actually happened. I was a baby and was crying.

That's when I first used my powers, flames surrounded the building, and I was told only me and Percy survived.

I moved in with my aunt, but percy went to the orphanage. And it was my fault.

'Snap out of it' I mentally chided myself. 'That hero is nothing but trouble and doesn't mean anything. If he was such a hero, he would've saved Harley'

I excused myself and got into costume. It was harleys death day, and someone else needed to feel the pun I did when my younger brother died.

I show a few fireballs at a little girl, but a superhero the same age as me jumped in front of her and stopped it.

Turns out riptide didn't know how to stay away from trouble.

I grinned. "You might save her, but will you save them all?"

I threw fireballs after fireballs, until me and a few of the younger orphanage kids were in a circle of fire.

Percy didn't have enough time to save them and himself, and I saw him push them through the fire and running it for a split second with water.

But by the time the last person got out, he had collapsed with burns around him. After letting down the fire, I shot a fireball or two at the girl from earlier.

Harley would be revenged.