J A S O N

I walked through the streets signing aura gray pjs as always. I wish I had just not shown my powers as myself, and let people name me a superhero while keeping a somewhat normal life.

But no, the great Jason grace decided fo reveal he had magical powers as Jason grace.

Yeah, I wanted a cool costume and fun superhero name, but there was so much more to it.

I couldn't go anywhere without being bombarded by fans, and I couldn't love anyone because then the supervillains would just track them down.

O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. wasn't much help. They would send me on missions but that's about all I got from the supposedly 'wonderful' organization.

I really just wanted a break from everything about being a superhero, but it's not like I am a fictional character who could just ask the author for a break.

If only I was that lucky.

No one ever really talked to me, other than the usual 'oh my gosh! It's you! Can I have a picture?'

At first it was nice having fans and being famous, free things, free friends, a lot of Instagram followers.

But now I had everything he wanted without paying, all my real friends left, and my Instagram notifications were killing me.

The worst thing was, I didn't want to be a hero. I never did.

When that piece of the building fell and I used the wind to catch it, it wasn't to save the city, it was to save myself.

Yet the city dubbed me a hero, and by doing that, they ruined my life.

It was time for me to ruin theirs.

Yes, I had a great life. But it was never about them, it was always about me. And in the electric blue and black supervillain suit, I felt more me than I did in a long, long time.

I flew over to the middle of the city, shouting out at the new superhero. If I kill him, everyone would know I meant business.

"Riptide! Come out or else I'll kill everyone within ten miles of this city!" I yelled at the cameras filming me.

In a matter of moments, water surrounded a boy with determination in his eyes as it made him fly.

At first I let him win, having a bit of fun as he thought eh was doing good. But then I got close enough to him to destroy him.

"You know riptide, you made one major mistake. Water and lightning don't mix,"

I electrocuted the water and watched as his body crashed into the ground.

I did what I needed to do. I proved I was so much more than a hero.