R I P T I D E

I took the opportunity to let luke strike first, knowing his moves from our time we trained together.

He went to my left and I ducked under his slash, using the water to send him tumbling to the ground.

Luke have me a crooked smile, and I watched as time slowed down around me. The sight of the chaos unfolding are at my insides.

Nico looked like he was having a hard time keeping the innocent people at bay, but the ghosts around him soothed each one of them.

Thalia and Jason were battling hard, and I saw an electric line of lightning aimed at Thalia's arm, icy rain pouring on the both of them.

Hazel was going head on with Leo, both of them wanting to win the fight, but still not wanting to hurt the other.

Both Annabeth and Reyna were dealing with charmer, and piper wasn't holding back. Luckily, the earplugs that changed the sounds were working better than ever.

I looked over at Luke who was watching me, before looking back at the others. All of them were in pain, and this wasn't a fight we could all win.

"Luke, spare them," I asked, my voice shaky.

He laughed, "why should I?"

"Because I have access to the one thing I know you care about," I said.

That took him by surprise, "and what exactly would that be?"

"Me,"

"That was an act,"

"I don't think it was," I took a step towards him. "I remember the look on your face when we first went to fight charmer. The look of horror as you saw the hurt and pain on my face. That's not something you can just act,"

"That doesn't mean anything. I won't spare them,"

"But you will, maybe not intentional, but you will give them the opportunity. Do I wanted to tell you I wish it was different, but this is what I have to do,"

I turned riptide around and stabbed it through my chest. A scream sounded, but I wasn't sure if it was from me or Luke.

Luke ran over to me and cradled my body in his arms. The other members of K.R.O.N.O.S. were shocked, giving my family enough time to apprehend them.

I gave a weak smile at the rest of my friends who ran over. "We're demigods. And demigods make sacrifices,"