E L E C T R I C U T E

I sat on the couch of our overly colorful hero room. The different costumes stayed on the manikin like statues, but instead of seeming hopeful, mine just hurt me

I let out another shaky breath, letting a small tear roll down my cheek.

Glancing up, I saw Annabeth in the doorway. She walked over to me and sat down on the white and blue couch, "hey. You okay?"

"I never wanted to become a superhero, not again. But Luke needed me, Percy needed me. So I went out, but I wasn't good enough to stop charmer. And now percy and Luke are missing, and phoebe is dead,"

"Thalia, that's not your fault. Charmer made you do that, you had nothing to do with it,"

"I did though. Annabeth, I failed at the one thing I was supposed to be good at,"

"It wasn't your call to make. She chose to save you, and that is not your fault,"

"Well then who the hells fault was it? Because it is not her own,"

"Yeah, it's charmers. And we're gonna get her, we're gonna get them all,"

I gave a slight smile, "so I guess you took over the job of making people feel better,"

"No," Annabeth said, "I just stopped playing the leader and played the friend. Because I knew that's what you needed,"

"Why did you go out there?"

That took her by surprise, "what?"

"I heard that you were the one cleaning up all those messes. Kelli was you, the Sphinx, the harpy, the list goes on. Why did you step into the O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. building and tell them it was you,"

"Why did you walk into the O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. building to turn your brother in? He's your own blood,"

"But he's not my family,"

"Have you found your family yet?"

"Well that depends, because in my book, family goes to the end of the earth to save family,"

"Then it's a good thing we'll find Luke and Percy,"