R E W I N D

Why did you do it?

Those five words hit me like a garage door. I tried to think of the reason, but my mind came up blank.

There was no reason for the change I had made. No reason for the pain I had caused. I was the one who endangered all those innocent people who knew loved me.

And I had no clue why.

Tyson was my fault. Phoebe was my fault. Grover was my fault. Percy was my fault.

When did I get like this?

When I was younger I used to dream of becoming a hero and defeating the evil villains, yet the moment I was a hero, I have it away.

The thought of escaping crossed my mind, but I knew I deserved so much worse than this prison. I deserved nothing good to happen in my life again.

But for some reason, Annabeth visited me everyday.

For some reason, Thalia still thought of me like a brother.

For some reason, I hadn't gone insane like the others.

I had slowly watched my fellow members of K.R.O.N.O.S. descend into madness and it broke me.

Piper at first tried to talk herself out, but she ended up getting a soundproof jail cell. So then she talked to herself. She talked herself into madness.

Jason didn't last much longer after that. I was told he shot lightning, but it bounced off the mirror and fried his brain.

Leo tried to get out multiple times. But his failed escapes slowly drove him insane.

I was the only one who ever received visitors, and I was glad when they finally started to fade. I wanted to go insane, at least then I might not feel as bad.

But that was years ago and I finally got my wish. I gave an evil and insane laugh, "I'll get out one day! We'll all get out!"