SIX

Unedited.

____________

Ameer cleared his voice before he looked at the mic before him. He's looking forwardy to presenting the very first new show. The radio station brought it up after they had posted about it on their social media handles and people kept saying they wanted it.

The name of the show was 'The ships that sail in our lives.'

As per their plan, it's a show that talks about friendship, love, family, life, heartbreaks, social life and everything. They let Ameer to do the researches, plan the way it's going to be done and all.

He did it to their need and presented it. They reviewed it and did few adjustments. Now as Ameer sat down, ready to begin he felt so nervous.

He wasn't a good speaker he believed, but everyone out there said he's good. He didn't even know what to say. Yes, he wasn't a talkative like his colleagues.

He cleared his voice before he began. "Good evening listeners at home, I hope you're all fine. As promised, this blessed radio station, Northern Trust FM has finally bring out the new show to your audience. My name is Ameer Muhammad and I am this show presenter. This show will be on Mondays and Wednesdays. Today being the first day, I won't talk a lot. I will leave the listeners to send in their questions either through message or call. Your can also send us an e-mail and on every Wednesday we will be reading out and answering your questions.  Our topics remain, love, friendship, marriage, heartbreaks, life, social life and family. I hope you will cooperate with us. Thank you. The number and e-mail address are..." He sighed and checked the phones that were to be used.

One of the phones rang, and he picked the call excitedly. It was the one with females' line. He knew women open up faster than men. Women mostly share their problems but men preferred to bottle up their feelings because they believe that it's out of the league of being a real man to speak.

"Hello, who am I speaking to?" He asked.

"Is this Northern Trust FM?" The girl asked, Ameer chuckled.

"Yes Madam—"

"Zainab." She completed the question.

"Madam Zainab what do you have for us? As you can see our time is running out." He politely spoke, checking his time.

"Hello," she croaked onto the phone again.

"Hello Madam Zainab, can you..." He heard her cut the call. Ameer shook his head and said maybe it's a network problem.

The same phone shrilled, he picked it at the instant. He repeated the same thing he said to the person earlier.

This person however went straight to the point without even saying her name. She sounded pained and in a confused state with the way her voice was raspy and cracky. Ameer imagined her to be sweating.

"I have been in a relationship for six years. I am from a rich family and my father is an important person in this country. I met my boyfriend who was struggling to find a job. We started relationship when he had nothing.

Halfway, I helped him get a job. And before then I always give him money. I even set up a plan and sold my car and gave him the money to pay for his mother's surgery. Now to cut everything short, yesterday I saw his wedding invitation card. I am pained. I couldn't let it slide. I called him crying and he cried with me. He swore that it's his father that hitched him with his cousin.

Now I am in pain. I feel like committing suicide. I don't want to believe him. Please advice me." She cried. Ameer was in trance for almost a minute. Why would men be doing that? If he knew he won't marry her, why did he waste so much of her time? The girl's cry made Ameer sad.

He took a deep breath and massaged his knuckle. Even though she had cut the call, he's sure she's listening to the radio.

"First off, this is so pathetic. And in all aspect, he's wrong you and you've a portion of fault too by stooping so low and showing him how cheap you're. I am not a therapist and if not because of our limited time I would've spoke a bit long. But I will like to say, take a deep breath, sip water and for a moment forget he's ever existed. I know it's painful. It's hurtful. But my sister no man is worth sacrificing your life for. Think of it, killing yourself won't change anything.

Therefore, exercise patience and have faith. Block him in all the ways possible. He's lying. Some day you will feel like talking to him, once you feel the urge just sleep. Or do anything you love doing. I sympathise with you really and I assure you, a great man awaits you. Your prince charming is on his way. Just a little patience okay? You will be fine."

He finished with a sigh. He didn't know if that was enough or it will help her in anyway.

The other phone for men, began to rang. Ameer picked the call.

"I have a girl I am crushing on, when I confronted her she rejected me because I am poor. Now I don't know what to do. Why are women so selfish and money loving? She's going to marry a rich Mafia fellow..." Ameer chuckled.

"Excuse me mister, I have a question for you. You, being yourself do you love yourself when you don't have money?" The young man chuckled.

"It's the truth. Women are created to be lavish, they love luxury. It's just that some have a lower level of it. So I advice you to search for jobs, be self employed and become rich. Again, don't call me the lawyer of women but I will say this. If a woman rejects you, don't wish her bad. The way you have the choice to say you love tall, fair and slender girls, the women have the choice to choose who they like. One woman may like a rich husband because she believes that's what will keep her happy. One may go for handsome man so that she will always be lost in staring at him. One goes for the romantic one and the list goes on. Happiness is a free derivative. We all have different ways of defining happiness and we get if in different shades. I pray my Allah give you a better girl."

"Ameen thank you so much, jazakallah khair master." And he cut the call. Ameer waited to receive another call but none came. He checked and saw that there are a lot of messages of felicitation and good luck. He smiled at them all and said ameen on his mind.

He checked through the mail and saw five of them. He would be reading them out on the next show. God willing.

____________

Adeelah had enjoyed the show. She didn't send a question or anything. She had just been smiling at her radio. She didn't know what to call the feeling.

Aside her Oum, she had never heard someone spoke good till today and he had her heart hooked already. She searched through Instagram and saw the radio station handle. She checked under every post and found where Ameer was tagged.

She didn't follow him. Instead she checked through his posts. There wasn't a single picture of him. She came across one group picture which was obviously all staff picture.

She looked at their faces and the third person had an emoji on his face. She assumed that, that was Ameer.

She checked the caption under the post. 'That's Hidaya's husband. Hidaya says no to oglers.' Adeelah hissed and shove the phone under her bed.

****

I can't wait for our chauffeur's arrival 😂😂💃

Your thoughts?