ELEVEN

The next morning Adeelah did all she could, not to meet Abba so she would take the public transport. Allah knows she didn't like her new chauffeur, he looked like a hooligan to her eyes although she couldn't describe him properly. Adeelah just noticed the useless things about him as she did with other people. She's not mocking Allah's creation-everyone is beautiful in their own way, beauty in some is highlighted in their appearances, some have theirs engraved on their hearts and souls.

Granted, people around told her she had a nice face, she didn't care because what matters most is the beauty of the heart. Adeelah had marked the sudden change of atmosphere that occur whenever people of beautiful hearts come into a place. There's always some coolness that paints their aura in a calm galore. Adeelah wished to be among them, the best of people.

She hated the words some people call her with. Hot. She knew she's.

Now if Salisu's to be driving her to school, she would have to see him everyday.

She remembered when Malam Iro was brought. A middle aged man probably around forty. She kept nagging that he didn't drive fast and that he didn't like to leave the air con on because he's asthmatic. Abba didn't pay any attention to her until when the poor man decided to leave on his own. Now Adeelah felt bad.

The one before Malam Iro was Malam Idris who's a smoker. At first she didn't know he smoked until later and she couldn't stand it at all. He was fired the day she found out. She didn't pity him at all because he did one of the things she hated.

Preceding Malam Idris was Yusha'u who's smell alone could send one to Pluto and return them in a second. He didn't use to take his bath except on Fridays. Yes, he told Adeelah when she asked him if he bath regularly.

She was about stepping out when Salisu came out from the worker's room grinning.

"Dillaliya... An tahi lahiya? (Hope you slept well)?" Salisu greeted in his village Hausa accent. Adeelah ignored him.

"Oh bakya jin Hausa ko? (Oh you don't understand Hausa huh)? Oh, goodi moni," Adeelah almost laughed but she stopped herself from laughing.

Adeelah didn't look at him. She wasn't happy with the way he would make her laugh. She didn't want him to know that side of her, the bubbly side of her which only her siblings and Fatimah knew about.

"Adeelah!" She emphasized on correcting him. If not a dumb person, who couldn't say her name as simple as it was. A-dee-lah. What's so difficult? The man just wanted to be on her nerves and nothing else.

He looked at her, Adeelah turned away disgusted. She didn't like him a bit.

"Let's go." He said, but it fell on deaf ears as Adeelah had already left his sight. She entered the continue discussion car. She waited for him to come in.

He swerved inside the car and it surprised her to the core to learn that he didn't smell like most of her chauffeurs. A manly scented perfume was oozing out of him that she thought he wasn't the one that entered. She's a sucker for people that smell good- smelling good or at least not having an unpleasant odour was part of cleanliness and cleanliness's part of Imaan. But this man, Salisu, her chauffeur, she would never get the energy to praise him in her head. It would be too demeaning to her ego.

Adeelah didn't like the way she's getting her attention on most of the things with him. She didn't like how her habit of noticing small things' being appiled on him.

The ride to school was silent until when they pulled in a hold up. A disc seller came passing by. She heard the chauffeur clear his voice. If he thought that would make her talk then he's wrong