TWENTY TWO

Adeelah decided to let everything go so that her headache will ease up. When she came out to collect the package from Salisu she was dumbstruck to see Ameer standing by the gate as he explained to Malam Labaran that he came to see her. Malam Labaran was obviously not accepting that, because to all his knowing, Ameer had never been there.

"Allow him in and next time you should mark his face. He's my guest, is that clear?" Malam labaran nodded and opened the door for Ameer.

"I am still uncomfortable with you so, park your car outside properly and come in." Adeelah wasn't in the mood to argue, she knew if she started, Malam Labaran would say he's following Abba's rule.

When Adeelah walked away to get the garden tables ready, Malam Labaran hissed.

"Yen yen yen Allow him in, yen yen, and next time you should yen yen yen...Tuff." He mimicked Adeelah and went back to listening to his radio as Ameer entered.

Ameer looked around the house and was stunned with how large the compound was such that it lowered his self esteem.

"You're welcome, I never thought you get the description because I am bad at it. Please sit." Adeelah showed him a sit and placed a call to Haneey. She's always moving with her phone on her.

Five minutes later when Adeelah didn't catch a glimpse of Asama'u, she decided to go in and fetch drinks for her guest. Just as she left for in, Salisu came out of his room and faltered to where Ameer was.

"Salam alaikum." He greeted. Ameer smiled and shook his hand.

"Uh so are you Dillaliya's lover?"

Ameer raised his brow. "Huh, Dillaliya?"

"Yes the lady you came to see. I can't say her name."

"Adeelah." Ameer remarked. Salisu remained quiet as if calculating the number of words he would say to this man that came to see his wife. He didn't even know why all his rodomontade suddenly fled away, leaving him with jealousy slowly igniting within him. He didn't know how he was going to cope for the next few months but he was determined so he plastered a smile across his face and swung his legs under the table.

"So what's your occupation? You see I am a driver and I can drive a truck no matter how big it is, that, I am proud of. I can also read A-Z without missing a single letter, that's another great thing." Ameer shook his head with a small laughter wondering why the man just sat there. Ameer wasn't a talkative that's why he found Salisu's presence uncomfortable especially with Salisu's unnecessary fanfaronade.

Adeelah saw Salisu from a distance. She gulped and suddenly felt trepidatious. What made her still and composed was she was really sure Salisu wouldn't dare say he's her husband. But Salisu may decide to catch her on the hop. So Adeelah increased her tread.

"Here," she made her presence noticed by them.

Salisu grinned and extended his hand towards the table. He picked a pack of juice and uncapped it, while he looked at Adeelah closely.

"As I was saying..." He gulped the juice and smirked.

Adeelah fumed but she's afraid if she burst, Salisu would reveal the secret.

"I am Dillaliya's..."

"He is my chauffeur." Adeelah quickly finished the sentence. Ameer just hooked them with his eyes in an unfathomable stare. He shrugged not getting the tension around.

"Let me leave you two lovers to bond but you should just remember Allah." Salisu stood up and took a pie from the plate before he walked away. Adeelah sighed inwardly and felt her dress soaked in sweat from behind.

She would deal with him later.

"Sorry, did I even greet you? Good afternoon." She greeted.

"That man is just somehow." Ameer said.

"He is. I am tired of him."

"You ought to be. How have you been? I have been trying to reach you on phone." Ameer stated.

Adeelah clasped her fingers together and unclasped them. She didn't even know what answer she was supposed to give him.

"I was a little bit down."

"Subhanallah, you should have informed me, baby. I hope you're feeling okay now?" When he said baby, something held in his voice made her heart dangled to her stomach. Adeelah turned her toe in her socks. It was so uncomfortable. That's not the first time she was called baby, it's a dime a dozen but this one sounded outlandish, not only to her ears but to all the stream in her body, like it was wrong of him to say that. Maybe it was because her subconscious knew she's a married woman. Just maybe.

"I shouldn't have bothered you. I am fine now. You would love to exchange greetings with Ummah."

"Yes I intend to but not now, you see I am dressed in a shirt and trouser. So unpresentable as an in-law." Adeelah smiled and blushed.

"If you say so. Em, I want to go back in. I need to sleep." She said, hoping he get that she wasn't ready to meet him and even talk long. She wasn't supposed to.

"You really need the rest. Take care of yourself." Ameer said. He didn't know why his heart thump whenever he was with her, sometimes it felt like something was growing in him before it turn to a goosebump. By Allah he's scared of the way Adeelah made him feel.

He hadn't felt that with anyone before. There's something about her, something fierce that pinned him at first sight.

"Sure." Adeelah said, seeing his unwavering stare over herself. She wanted to catch his sight in hers and hold it for a moment but a hammer hit her to realisation that it was wrong.

"For me?" Adeelah whipped her head up and stated at him.

"Uhm." She said.

"I hope you find ease soon Ameeraty, read some parts of the Qur'an, okay? Pray some nawafils everything will ease up."

"Thank you." She rose to her feet, finding everything bizarre.

"Your king at your service Ameeraty." He dramatically bowed, leaving Adeelah with a plamed face. Not waiting for more of his words, she walked away. Ameer shook his head before he walked out of the house.

Adeelah went back to the garden and sat. A shadow overcame her, so she looked up to see Salisu staring at her. She quickly casted her gaze away from him.

"Your dumb husband is here to lay some rules. And I am sure you know the punishment of a disobedient wife." He said in a deep masculine voice that made Adeelah shiver. She wasn't sure if it was still Salisu or someone else.

"Yes, it's still me. You know what's in my mind already, so take note." He declared. Adeelah looked up at him from where she was sitting. Salisu wore a smirk on his face, his left brow up in a dare. He circled to her chair and sat.

"You can try my patience." He took grip of her hand. Adeelah flinched, feeling so much of his energy in the grip. It made her look at him twice. Was he that strong? She never imagined.

Salisu released her hand when he saw that he had instilled a little respect in her. "I am just joking." He laughed.

"Trust me, Adeelah." He stood up and gently stride away from her sight.

Adeelah had remained numb. Was that really Salisu? No, he called her name too. Did he say it by mistake?

"Sa..." She made an attempt to call after him but it only came out as a whisper because she was still in shock. She really needed to hear if he could say her name and he's just saying Dillaliya to annoy her. And that act he just displayed... She needed answers.

****

Very short, I know. I just needed to update for you guys. Hopefully I will type the next chapter tomorrow. How was this?

Keep sharing please, thanks in advance. Goodnight lovelies