NINETEEN

You won't love to miss the next chapter! I am telling you😂😉

By the way, this chapter is dedicated to my regular commentators, I am updating for you guys. Thank you

*****

"Miss Adeelah." Adeelah told the receptionist her name. Since she entered the admin block of ElKab rice milling, she had been careful. The place was very quiet and chilly. She passed through several revolving glass doors.

"Does the manager know you're coming?" The woman asked. Adeelah noticed that one of the woman's tooth was gone. She was a fair Igbo woman with hair extension that adorned her makeup free oval face.

"He doesn't. I am applying for industrial training, a student from Bayero University Kano, department of biotechnology." Adeelah politely spoke.

"I am sorry. We finished accepting students just yesterday. This year, we collected only seven students from your department. Sorry Miss Adeelah." Adeelah bit hee lower lip and folded the paper then thrusted it into her bag. She returned a small smile at the woman.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, Mrs Adebayo here." The woman answered. She could see how Adeelah was clearly disappointed. And from all indications she was a serious student.

When Adeelah turned to leave, she stopped her. "You can talk to the assistant manager, he's easygoing. He can find a slot for you or maybe exchange you with someone. Let me call his line."

"Thank you." Adeelah said, feeling detached. She's all bubbly when she stepped her leg inside the building. It was very conducive and neat to her liking. But what the receptionist was suggesting was one of the things she didn't like. She wouldn't love to be there if there's no an empty slot. She sighed and headed out.

"Hey!" Someone stopped her because she was walking absentmindedly.

"Hi," Adeelah said in a low voice. The voice seemed familiar to her and she's sure she had never seen that face before. Why would his voice be familiar?

The man was dressed in a denim short and shirt. His hair was trimmed to a low cut, so was his sideburns. He had a sleepy eyes that looked cute and adorable.

"I hope the worker's didn't mess up with your mood. Anything? My name is Mahm—" He asked.

Adeelah shook her head while she tried to pinpoint where she knew him. The voice...

"None. I just wanted to apply for industrial training and there's no slot." Adeelah interrupted him.

"I can find one for you." He hesitated before he said that.

"If you're thinking of removing someone and putting me in their place, then thank you for the offer. I don't mean to say no, but no. I don't want to stand before Allah and explain this, in the hereafter. Just imagine how disappointed the person would be if they receive a message from you that they have been replaced or whatever. In that case, I will find somewhere. And what? Thank you." She blabbered.

"Oh ease down there. Since you said that, I can find a slot for you at our Abuja branch if you want. I am in a hurry now." He removed a complimentary card from his wallet and gave her.

"Kabo is the surname." He said and quickly left her sight with a smile on his face. He would get her, without her knowing.

*****

"Chances are you met El-mustapha Kabo you idiot! And I know you acted dumb!" Nafeesah slapped Adeelah across her shoulder.

Adeelah laughed heartily. So what if she met him, she wasn't like Nafeesah who was head over board obsessed with him. She didn't even look at him properly not to talk of recognizing him somewhere else.