60

One month later.

I used to think my life was the most complicated sad life ever but i was wrong. Being part of Adeelah's family taught me alot of things. It's even quite unfortunate that everything that happened, ended up affecting her the more. She's sensitively numb, acting like nothing was going on.

Her family were back to Nigeria while she and Abdul her brother stayed with their father. He's now able to recognize some other more people but he barely had alot of memories of them. Waking up last week, he asked of Nafeesah and it occured to me that she's the only one apart from Haneey and her mother who wasn't present.

Adeelah seemed to notice too but she barely talked to me after that day. We would meet and exchange gazes but she would say nothing. So, i decided to let her be. I arranged her flight back to Nigeria the same time her father would be leaving.

She's grateful for that in her silence and pinning gaze when i told her about it. Muhammad was giving me the silent treatment too. He walked past us that day and since then we had been acting strange around each other. I knew he was boiling in jealousy but now he had simmered especially that Adeelah was very free and friendly with him. I felt like she's doing it to hurt me.

I stared at them from the hotel corridor as she fed her father who seemed to now recognize her as Adeelah and not Aayat. They'd tell his therapist the details and she's doing a good job. He's engaged in a group therapy with patients like him. Now, he'd come in terms with Adeelah being older and Aayat being dead but it seemed, he never recalled that memory.

I could sense how broken Adeelah was. How she couldn't ramble what she went through when he was missing. How he couldn't even explain to them how he missed his eye, in lieu, he wanted answers from them on how he lost his eye. So they told him he had an accident and thus some of his memories were gone.

I walked to where they were sitting, Abba, Adeelah and Muhammad. I knew I wasn't welcomed but i sat anyway.

"Abba, this is Muhammad, my husband." He looked at me not Muhammad.

"Abba not him. This one right here, she circled her hand around Muhammad's neck and all Muhammad did was to hold her too. I was filled with protective jealousy, so i looked away. She's doing this because she hadn't forgiven me. She's doing this as a punishment of the crimes she held me accountable for. She's doing it just for the play.

Abba smiled at me and i squatted to greet him. He answered me smiling. "It's funny how I can't even remember my in-law. Is this Nafeesah's husband?" He asked.

"He's no one's husband Abba. No one's." She repeated. I chuckled along with them before Muhammad excused himself. Abba also excused himself so i used the opportunity to grab Adeelah's hand to the next door where i lived.

The moment we entered, I engulfed her.
"If you want to be held this way, you speak up not go about holding random men." She pulled back.

"Really? For your information, I married Muhammad not Ameer. Muhammad was totally there for me when you left. He's a thousand times better than you. Salisu you left me broken with a divorce paper. You didn't even care to come just once and say bye. Salisu i fainted out of shock! Because I didn't want you to divorce me."

I remained still. "Did you read the paper Adeelah?"

She looked at me. "I didn't because when i regained my conciousness all i wanted was to forget you." That's where the problem was.

I could swear on my life that what i wrote in the paper was just me requesting for a second chance. I even revealed to her that i was in disguise and why i was in it. I retrieved the story of us in Saudi. I called her attention to how much i loved and would love to have her as my wife. I made it clear that after that second chance if she didn't fall in love i will let her be. Then i told her i will be as far as i could be so she would think while i take care of some stuff. I even attached my number for her. It's nothing more nothing less. But even when we got married in her father's parlor, i never had the intention of divorcing her because i had talked to her father prior to that. He knew i was in disguise. That's why he even allowed me to have her as my wife.