56

The name i grew up with was ElMustapha Kabo, the name i named myself under disguise was Salisu, my nickname was Adeel, so my real name was ElMustapha Adeel Marshal. Yes, that's my father's identity. I wasn't a Kabo by blood as you all know. It's hard to bear another name, how my name changed to ElMustapha Kabo was another mystery I discovered from Baba Kabo's diary. I stole the diary as soon as i laid my eyes on it fourteen days after his death.

By now, someone could nickname me the diary thief or the rich man who steals diary. Because i stole my brother's diary first and now i stole the Kabo diary. I laughed at that.

So, i found some information written in short lines such that if I didn't have Muhammad's diary, i could never understand what that meant. I would have tell you about it but i had questions for Muhammad and Maami. I would love to have my answers first.

I sighed, wondering if my father was just an average man would he have been alive, sound and healthy by now? And i would have been living a normal life with zero chaos. But no, here's the opposite, the perks of coming from a very rich and powerful family.

Baffa Kabo was crook. He had been looking for Baba's will and he couldn't get a hold of it. He'd called all his lawyers and they told him he'd no idea. Although no one told me, i thought i could guess where the will was.

So i decided to fly to Abuja. I hated this life of flying to places while my wife was there confused of her life. I wanted her to get things clear badly so i wrote her a letter. I asked Celine to give her once she notice she's in a good mood. I just hope the letter clear if not all, some of her misconceptions.

I was currently on my way to Kano. Because I needed to check on Abba. I appeared as my ElMustapha because i felt like i needed the Salisu identity not anymore. I wanted to be real, i wanted to have a real life but that was nearly impossible at the moment. Even my life with Adeelah was not real. If there's anyone who knew the real me, it's Uthman. He knew something but not all since when he was acting ElMustapha, he played arrogant and boastful. He portrayed me as someone who loved money, who disrespected the low class people. I felt bad that time. So bad that i wanted to just appear as my self and let the worst happen.

Stepping into the hospital, with a nose mask and a black shade, i was able to get to the unit. I paced around Adeelah's family and i noticed that he's still in the ICU. His condition seemed bad but i pray he's better soon in sha Allah. I didn't know how to introduce myself to them but seeing that Muhammad wasn't there, I decided to go and see him.

I thought this day, 25th March of 2017 was going to be memorable because i intended to reveal myself to him.

So, help me God.

*****

The apartment had three rooms, two bathrooms, a parlour and a kitchenette. Adeelah thought to have a tour for the first time.

The parlour was beige; from the Turkish floral curtains, the leathered sofas, the fur-like carpet that felt like mushy under her feet and the almost three dimensional paint or was it wallpaper? She wasn't sure. She loved the way it looked so maturedly warm and welcoming.

Her own room was plain though. It looked just like an average room, yellow paint, plain curtains like her life situation, a blue rug and a brown wooden dresser. She'd never thought of her room as ugly till she decided to have a proper look at the parlor.

The other room was locked. She felt something in her heart as she tried to open it but it proved futile. Right there, she put it in her mind that she would make it a habit to check the room till it opens. Sighing, she turned her direction and headed to the kitchenette which was as bland as her room. Just a few cabinets, a cooker and a fridge.