Chapter 16 - Gone

Kira was worried. Kyoya hadn't woken up yet. He was lying in the team room, still unconscious. The female knew he had just passed out but she couldn't help but feel nervous.

'I'm going to get some water,' the red-haired spoke to the members of Team Wild Fang. They were also worried about their friend, especially Benkei. The big guy was always more emotional them the others and to see his friend like that really got into him.

As Kira walked back to the room, she heard Blader DJ announcing the next battle pairings. It looked like everyone would finally know what Demure was all about. The female was curious to know how the African blader was during a match too. He hadn't battled since the qualifiers, so he was a big mystery to everyone, but now the mystery would be over.

When the British girl arrived at the team room, the battle was almost starting, so the room was already empty and Kyoya was still resting. She approached the male and sat on the sofa placing his head gently on her lap.

'A team battle?' Kira commented watching the match on the room's TV. 'I hope that Nile guy knows what he's doing cause Yu's special move is almost undefeatable.'

The battle began and, like Kira was expecting, Masked Bull and Demure seemed to be in trouble. However, that quickly changed when the dark-skinned male began to use his extraordinary eyesight to guide Benkei and help him attack the opponents at the right time.

'Nile, you smart little prick,' Kira spoke letting out a small laugh once she realized the Egyptian's plans.

It didn't take long for Tsubasa to understand Nile's idea too. The silver-haired blader looked annoyed and upset. That started to worry Kira. Every time her colleague got mad something bad happened and she knew he hadn't controlled the dark power yet. He still hadn't realized he had to embrace it and let it be part of him.

The female remembered that, in the beginning, it was also hard for her to accept the dark power Phoenix had, but, when she did so, they became one. Tsubasa had to do the same, but he wasn't ready for it and soon he let the darkness and anger take over.

Kira's light eyes widen when she saw a dark and evil eagle rise in the sky. She had to do something or else Yu would get hurt.

'I'll be back soon, babe,' she spoke to Kyoya and then left the room and ran to the arena.

The security didn't want to let her pass and enter the hall that led to the stadium.

'Shit,' she thought to herself before realizing she had her WBBA agent badge with her. She showed it to the security guards immediately and then kept walking.

When she got there, Yu was trying to calm his teammate. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do. The older blader was too focused on his madness to listen to anybody and ended up shoving the kid, making him fall on the ground.

'Yu!' Kira yelled and approached the little kid.

'What is going on, Kira?' Yu asked with sadness and worry in his green orbs before he passed out.

'Something bad,' she replied as Tsubasa laughed and lost control completely.

Suddenly, Kira forced Yu in his embrace protecting him from the explosions Tsubasa generated with his rage and dark power. The female felt the dust from the stadium hitting her back, but she stood still and didn't move.

When it was over, the only Beyblade still spinning was Earth Eagle. Kira saw Libra falling next to her and Yu.

Everyone was in shock. That wasn't the Tsubasa they knew. That blader laughing maniacally in the arena couldn't be their friend Tsubasa. But he was.