Chapter 18 - Team Garcias

'Welcome, everybody! And get ready!!! The first match of the quarter-finals is about to begin!!!' Britannia exclaimed as the crowd cheered and the fireworks reached the sky. 'Make some noise for our team, Team Wildfire! And look who's back! It's our Fire Queen, Kira Rose!'

The audience screamed and applauded as the members of the UK team arrived. That didn't happen when it was Team Garcias' time to appear. As always, the home team got all the applause from the crowd.

'And the first battle of the day will be,' the host began the announcement, 'the mysterious James Cross from our team against the beautiful Selen Garcia from Team Garcias!'

James was already heading down the stairs when Team Garcias' leader, Argo, interrupted the host to suggest something. He said, 'what if we don't make it a four-against-four battle knock-out match! Brazilian style!'

'Well, I guess that is up to the teams to decide!' the host spoke and waited for the UK team to speak.

Kira was the one who stepped up to talk after receiving encouragement nods from her teammates.

'We are in Scotland, so we will follow Scotland's rules and those rules do not include a four-against-four battle.'

'So, you're afraid!' the Brazilian female exclaimed.

'We're not, don't worry,' Kira replied with a fake and sarcastic smile.

'Now, let's go. I can't wait to defeat you,' James said cockily as he began walking to the stadium again.

'I never lose!' she said and both bladers got ready to launch their beyblades.

James plan was to attack Ray Gasher right away. However, the grey Beyblade kept on dodging his attacks. That was making the British blader upset. What was Selen's idea? She wasn't going to win if she didn't attack.

The battle continued and nothing changed until James got mad and decided to use a special move that made it impossible for his opponent to run.

Suddenly, Ray Gasher returned to its owner. James' eyes widen. He was shocked like every single person in the stadium.

'As I said, I never lose!' Selen spoke and turned away heading to her team seats.

'Does she realize that still counts as a loss?' Kira asked her teammates no understanding the female's plan.

'And after this... forfeit?' Britannia spoke not sure of what to say. 'Get ready because the next battle will be our Fire Queen Kira against the strong and powerful Argo!'

The crowd cheered and scream as the red-haired female walked to the stadium in the centre of the arena.

Argo seemed as confident as Kira as he prepared his launcher, but the crowd was with the home team and that helped the female not feeling intimidated by the Brazilian.

'3, 2, 1! Let it rip!' Britannia exclaimed and the bladers launched their beys.

Ray Gil began attacking Phoenix right away. Kira soon realized his attacks were too strong and that she needed to think of a plan fast or her Beyblade would be out of the stadium in a minute.

'Phoenix, Fire Shield!' the blader exclaimed before Argo's bey hit hers again.

Then, the red Beyblade moved fast to the centre of the arena.

'It looks like Kira has a plan!' Britannia spoke enthusiastically. 'Will that be enough to defeat the aggressive Ray Gil?'

'Yes, it will,' she murmured and then used another special move. 'Phoenix, Dancing Flames!'