Chapter 20 - Murder Scene

'Fuck,' Kira murmured when she looked at her phone while having dinner at the hotel with her team.

'Something's wrong?' Brandon asked taking a sip of water.

'They postponed the battle with Canada,' she informed feeling upset.

'What? Why?' James spoke eagerly to know how that happened. 'The battle was in two days! Our flight's already booked!'

'Apparently, they have a problem with the stadium that will take some time to solve, so the battle will be a few days after the semi-final between Team GanGan Galaxy and Team Star Breaker,' the British team leader explained.

However, none of the team members believed that excuse. There had been happening too many odd things in that tournament and they didn't believe their battle being postponed to after US team battle was a coincidence.

'I think this might be set up,' Adam spoke his mind.

'I wouldn't be surprised,' Kira agreed. 'First, it was Brazil who had two chances and now this.'

'They said Brazil competed again since our block's third place, who was supposed to battle the Japanese team, was Team Excalibur and they ended up being second in GanGan Galaxy's block due to that consolation tournament,' Ben talked calmly.

'But they had Team Wild Fang who was in third place,' Brandon reminded their friends. 'They needed to have an even number of teams. Since one block has no third place, as expected from the beginning of the tournament, the other two will, so there would be no problem.'

'This was all orchestrated,' Kira concluded.

Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything about it. The WBBA must know about that and if they didn't do a thing it's because there's no use. As upsetting for the British team as the situation was, they couldn't do a thing, so they decided to hang out at the funfair as they had already settled.

When they got to the funfair, Adam and James went straight to the bumper cars while Brandon, Kira and Ben walked around and explored what the park had to offer.

The three British bladers walked for a while until they found a fortune-teller tent. The red-haired female felt tempted to enter the tent, but she soon shook that idea from her head. However, her friends noticed she was interested in going to the fortune-teller.

'I think it wouldn't hurt to go,' Ben almost whispered.

'The thing is, do you want to know your future?' Brandon asked. 'Even knowing that most of the stuff these guys tell is fake...'

'I think I'm going,' she told her teammates and walked to the tent.

Inside there was only a table and a middle-aged woman with a warm smile. Kira sat on the table and then the fortune-teller spoke.

'Your aura is powerful,' she told her. 'And strong! But also so wild and rebellious!'

'I assume those are good things,' she replied as a nervous smile formed on her rose lips.

'You decide,' the woman spoke calmly. 'But you didn't come here to hear me talking about your aura.'

'Correct.'

The fortune-teller stared into Kira's light eyes and then she said, 'your heart is troubled. Being far from our loved one is never easy. But don't worry, he will return to you.'

The woman had only a cup of tea with some leaves floating in it in front of her and still, she was able to guess what she worried her.

'However,' she continued, 'storms that will set you apart will come and will show you your differences. You'll be the ones to decide if this will bring you closer or not.'