Chapter 21 - Hades Gates

'Fear me

I am the destruction of innocence

I am the violence embedded in flesh

I am the pain in the bones of the mortal shell

The dark heart of the earth

I am hell

I am hell'

Kira's low growls were heard as the arena lit up and Blood Tear's members were seen; each one in their own high platform. The platforms were covered with screens that showed a video of a fire burning making it look like the whole arena was in flames just like in Hell.

The heavy beat of the song combined with the lead singer's vocals while she repeated the first verses made the performance look more intimidating and fierce.

'Tear at the throats of the fathers of deception

Let the blood of the cowards

Flow as the wines

False claims of retribution

May they choke on their lies'

The red-haired female's voice change from a low growl to a high pitch scream in the last verses adding dynamic to the song. She had fire in her eyes as she sang and her expression made it clear that the band's performance was warning for a certain team. However, Damian seemed to be enjoying the song pretty much as the British musicians played the chorus.

'Lay waste the relics

Silence the hymns of deceit

You will know pain

You will see the true face of panic

Devastation now and forever

Reign of Darkness'

'How does she do that?' Chao-Xin spoke shocked.

'I don't know, but Benkei would love to be here seeing this!' Kenta replied remembering that his friend was a big fan of that kind of heavy music.

When the first song, "Reign of Darkness" by Thy Art is Murder, ended, the platforms descended and the band was all in the same stage again to play the next song, "Demogorgon" by Jared Dines.

It was just as heavy as the last one and, as expected, the band nailed it and Kira's low vocals were perfect.

'Stack the bodies to the ceiling

This is only the beginning

Stack the bodies to the ceiling

Give birth to the new death

Let the ashes rain

Do you really know pain?

Let the ashes rain

Amongst this necrotic plain'

The girl's vocal technique change once more from high screams to deep growls making it hard to believe it was her doing all those sounds.

She had just as much energy in her veins as the song itself and she didn't stop for a moment. She was always walking and jumping to the platforms in the stage or headbanging.

'Welcome to the tomb of the devil

Welcome to the tomb of pain

Let the ashes rain