34. Moving

Taehyung's Point of View

***

I guess it's much easier to move when you can shift through the pain.

My new home was being unpacked by Namjoon and Jungkook, a husband and husband interior design duo and two of my very best friends who, along with their team, were hired to decorate and set up my new home.

Their suggestion of course.

Not that I was one to argue, interior design was not my forte and it was better if I allowed the ones that I trusted to handle the details.

Keeping out of their way, I worked my way upstairs where my bedroom was already set up. Feeling grateful for this, I hoped there was a restful night in my future but it's foolish of me to dismiss the turmoil twisted in anything I attempted. A box sat in the corner that remained untouched by my order, waiting patiently for me unpack.

Lifting the box to my bed, I began to remove the contents from it. One of the items was a small, blue box where I kept Kye's letters.

My fingers filtered to one of the last two letters she sent me before my departure from Korea to her. As if moving by strings, I opened it while trying to stifle tears from just a glance of her handwriting.

Hey there,

You sounded very chipper in your last letter and yes you have been slow in your replies. I won't hold it against because I know you've been busy. Having a job that requires you to travel is time consuming. Plus, we're adults now and we have responsibilities.

When did we grow up so fast?

I got everything to my place but have yet to unpack all of it. It won't be so bad. All I need is some good tunes to get me started and I should be done by...June? *smiles*

So, nothing really new besides the job and the place. I think I really am going to love San Francisco. It still blows my mind that I'm even here. I honestly didn't expect to hear from the tv station but somehow they were very enthusiastic about meeting me and said that I was highly recommended for hire.

My guardian angel smiled on me.

Anyway, not to bore you with those details.

The wedding was great. Levi and Kyra are so happy and we are definitely happy for them. I have another photo that I'm enclosing for you. I hope you like it. *smiles*

I won't even comment on the dress thing.

Anders was there. I wasn't going to ask him to be my date but he mentioned the wedding so I felt a little guilty. I'm not going to say I regret asking him but that's probably what I would say if I expand on the subject any longer.

So, Tokyo?

I know you love it there so I'm excited that you are going to spend some time there. Please send pictures especially from your perspective. I love seeing the world from your eyes. It's a privilege for sure.

Well not for a long letter but I probably need to go and be productive at something. Don't let the next reply take so long, okay? I'll worry and you are too far away for me to hunt you down but don't think I won't try.

I miss you T-...

"Taehyung?"

My breath hitched as I turned toward the door. Namjoon was standing there with his phone to his ear.

"Yeah?" I sniffed as I closed the letter and folded it neatly, placing it back in it's envelope and into the box. I stood up with my head low, trying to hide the pain spewing from my eyes.

"Uh, Hobi said he's getting the stuff for the barbecue Sunday. He wanted to know if you wanted anything specific."

I shook my head, devoting my attention back to the unpacked box and taking it over to my walk in closet. Sniffing the rest of my tears away, I attempted to regain my composure before facing him.

Namjoon sounded as if he was wrapping up his call with Hobi, so I took that as he was leaving too. Exiting my closet, I noticed him still standing by the door frame.

"Are you okay?" He wondered.

"Yeah. Everything's good. How's it going downstairs?" I walked toward him, quickly changing the subject.

Namjoon nodded and proceeded downstairs. "Your house it turning into a home quite nicely."

Glancing around at the setup, he was right. If I had to picture how I wanted my house to look inside, it would be this. Modern but not fancy. Classic but not so traditional. Gender neutral without it looking too bachelor or too girly. It was absolutely perfect for a couple actually.

The shattering in my heart was getting to be numbing.

Namjoon carried on with his duties while the attention of the doorbell caught mine. Yoongi reached it before I could so I dismissed it and allowed him to handle whoever was coming through.

With echoing strides, Euna approached me as I was glancing around the kitchen.

"Hey." Her greeting was dressed with a subtle smile. How brave of her to even muster that.

"Hey." I replied, fidgeting with a glass in my hand, too embarrassed to even face her still.

She took a very noticeable, heavy sigh, I guess assessing my mood. I'm sure it was quite obvious.

"The house is beautiful. Namjoon and Jungkook are doing a great job."

"I hope you like it because you will be living here too. Why don't you get yourself acquainted with your new home?" I mumbled the bitter truth.

"Taehyung..."

I smashed the glass in my hand against the sink, frustrated on too many things to blame for the outburst. Euna pulled me away from the mess and lead me to a space in the house that was already moved in and decorated, granting us a bit of privacy.

My head was lowered in shame, guilt, remorse or any other adjective that would relate. I couldn't lay a gaze to her out of irritation but mostly because I knew another string of tears singed my eyelids, stirring the emotion to fall.

"I know how you feel Taehyung. I feel this way every time I look at Hobi. Every time I..." Euna trailed away. "We'll find a way." She whispered.

"How?" I finally drew my attention to her. "How will we when Hawaii was our last chance?"

"I'm working on it, okay? You were right to look into my father's financials and the company can't be as squeaky clean as he wants us to think. Just let me take care of it." Euna stated.

"They will suspect if you keep pushing."

"Let me worry about that." There was a short pause between us. "Have you heard from Kye?"

My hand rested on my chest the instant her name was spoken, for no one uttered it around me since I've been back. "No. I can't talk to her right now. She needs her space until we sort this out."

"Taehyung, we're getting married next weekend." Euna reminded.

"If I talk to her now, I won't go through with it and you know that. I can't risk what we've worked for because of my heartbreak."

"Neither of us want to go through this anyway. We're both heartbroken but it won't stay like this for long. Have some faith Taehyung." Euna sighed. "By the way, thought you would like to know that everything is finalized. I'll email Yoongi the schedule for next week."

"Sure." I nodded.

Euna brushed my arm before walking away. She stopped at Yoongi, exchanging a few words with him as I saw Yoongi pulled out his phone. I turned away and went back upstairs to my room, to finish what I started, hoping everyone will be done and gone by the time I decided to rest.

♥️♥️♥️

Cupid 💘