fifteen

Chapter 15: Eye of The Storm

It wasn't much of an eventful day, but the new couple had a lot to say.

Chenle and Jisung, on the other hand, didn't feel like speaking, having lost their appetite to both eat and socialise after last night's happenings.

Renjun had noticed their off behaviour, as had most of the group, but no one commented in it, knowing how tetchy both teens could be when questioned.

"So anyway, Donghyuck and I have some news," Mark pushed, knowing that the group was in dire need of a mood heightener.

"What? Did you finally get into each other's pants?" Chenle snapped, shocking the new couple with his rudeness.

He had been so nice only yesterday, but that was Chenle for you.

"Actually, Chenle, we started dating."

Jeno clapped while looking around nervously, noticing the dull looks that stayed settled on each boy's face.

Chenle and Jisung both looked dazed, , eyes void of emotion as they exchanged a knowing look of exhaustion.

Renjun wore a soft smile, although his orbs showed a less-than-amused look.

Mark and Donghyuck hadn't expected much, they were here after all.

Donghyuck gripped onto his boyfriend's hand tightly, giving it a reassuring squeeze after seeing the upset look that had graced his features.

"They're not in the best mood...clearly." He said the last part loudly, making sure that the two youngest boys heard.

They both wore slightly guilty looks, but didn't make any move to change anything about it.

"I know, Hyuck."

The rest of breakfast was bathed in silence. Donghyuck and Mark kept their hands interlaced, still on cloud nine from last night.

Meanwhile, Renjun wore a pout as he watched Jeno mess around with Jaemin in a flirtatious manner.

He released a defeated sigh. Why did he have to have a crush on a guy who has a crush on someone else?

No one could miss the love heart eyes that Jeno sent Jaemin's except for the receiving party, of course.

Oh how cruel it was...

As the day stretched on, Donghyuck was left alone in his room.

Mark had left to go to therapy while Chenle and Jisung retired to their rooms. Neither of them had shared why they were in such fowl moods, but everyone knew better than to ask.

Jaemin had gone to the green room with Jeno and Renjun to relax a little before dinner arrived.

Donghyuck took the lack of invitation as an unwelcoming gift, so he truly had nothing to do as he stared listlessly out the window.

It was boring, it really was. That is until he saw a figure of a man. He was more so just a silhouette, creeping around behind a bush to stay out of view of the passing nurses.

Donghyuck immediatley felt his chest tighten and his breathing become irregular as he watched the familiar man.

He had pointed the same guy out to Mark in multiple occasions, yet whenever he did, Mark always insisted that he wasn't there, and that Donghyuck was seeing things.

The younger knew better than that though, and he knew that he had seen a man.

This very man would visit him at night, and whisper many things in a rough and unsettling voice. That was the weird thing, Donghyuck could never tell what he was saying, but instead would call out for Mark's aid.

He found himself backing away from the window in that area, turning on his heel to get to his room.

There was no real window in his room. It was only there for light, and was often bolted shut.

He knew it was for safety precautions, but still hated the idea since it had always been the most relaxing thing to do. Staring out a window.

His quickened breathing turned many heads, though most people were too wrapped up int heir own problems to care.

He would just have to stay in his room until Mark was done with therapy.

He was petrified. Scared that the man would find him before then, and hurt him.

If only Donghyuck knew how powerful ones mind could be...