thirty

Chapter 30: The Worst Is Yet To Come

"This is the last chance you have to back out if this." Mark looked between all the boys in front of him. Donghyuck sat wrapped in a blanket with his knees up to his chest while he rested his chin upon them.

Jaemin sat in a similar position as before the meeting had been called, his hands supporting him as he looked up to the ceiling.

Jisung had his head resting against Chenle's chest, listening into his boyfriend's heart beating steadily.

"So the plan is t-"

The door clicked open, revealing a nurse who wore a sympathetic smile. Almost immediately Mark could sense that something was off with this visit.

"Can Lee Donghyuck come with me please?" She asked, her hand outstretched to the said boy who tensed instantly. His eyes flicked his eyes over to Mark who had furrowed brows and an unhappy look on his face.

Jaemin straightened up, a frown becoming prominent on his brow as he shuffled closer to Donghyuck who still refused to move from his place on Mark's bed.

Jisung was holding Chenle close, sensing that the older was slipping into one of his moments.

"Don't take him," Chenle whispered, lifting his head up to look the very guilty nurse in the eye. "Please?"

Still the older woman merely shrugged, trying to control the immense guilt that built-up over years of working like this.

"I'm sorry Sweetie. Mr. Kim needs to run some tests really quickly. I'll get him back to you as soon as possible," the woman reassured, smiling gently as Donghyuck linked his hand with hers, placing a quick kiss on Mark's lips as he passed by before letting himself be taken from the room.

If only he had known what was to come...

"Where are we going?" He meekly asked while stumbling towards the sick bay. "I mean, what tests do I have to get?"

"I'm not too sure, Sweetheart. I was just asked to collect and deliver you to Mr. Kim," she quietly mumbled while leading the taller through the busy hallway.

"Who's Mr. K-"

"Every question you have will be answered in no time."

Deciding to park his curiosities there, Donghyuck mindlessly followed the older to the designated room.

She pushed against the door, sending the boy one last wink before pushing him ahead.

"Lee Donghyuck, Sir."

An unfamiliar man turned in his swivel chair. He was only slightly older than Donghyuck himself, twenty one or twenty two at a push. He wore a long white coat that contrasted quite nicely with his black attire beneath.

His facial structure was quite a masculine one, his jawline strong and quite prominent, but the unsettling smirk that was plastered upon his face was enough to bring Donghyuck great discomfort.

"Good luck, Kid."

With that the door was closed behind him, giving him a feeling of great danger as he backed away from the man approaching him.

"I'm Mr. Kim. I run this place," he politely introduced, yet the same smirk still played at his lips. "And I've had a little look at your records. I think that your treatment needs to come to an end," he whispered, eyes flicking to the shorter's hands to see them reaching for the doorknob behind his back. "Of course I can't just let you go out there. Too many scandals could close this place down, and we don't want that, do we?"

"Fuck off," Donghyuck hissed, turning the doorknob, about to let himself out when Mr. Kim slammed the door shut, pinning the younger in place. "Let go of me you fucking psycho!"

"Aww, Donghyuck. I thought we trained you all better than this," the older whined, letting go of the said boy and flinging him away from the door and towards the stretcher. "Sit down and shut up."

With an extended sigh, Donghyuck took a seat, watching intently as the handsome man flicked a syringe with an unknown substance in it.

"I would hate to let you go without some benefit from it first. So, if you don't mind, we'll be running some tests," the older whispered while putting round rimmed glasses on.

"I do mind."

"Oh well."