twenty seven

Chapter 27: Confessions

"I'm so excited to get away from this place, Ji," Chenle whispered in wonder as the pair walked through the gardens, admiring the blooming flowers.

The roses held their red pigment, lighting up the dull institute.

"Honestly, I'm kind of scared." The younger glanced to the other, a smile finding its way to his face as he admired the concentrated look that adorned his features adorably.

"And why is that? I'd kill anyone whoever would hurt you!" He exclaimed, grasping onto the taller's hand and swinging it back and forth while telling him of all the torturous  methods he would use on their enemies.

"I don't think it'll work. I don't agree with Mark's escape plan. So many factors could change the outcome," he explained while following the motion and swinging their hands, no longer caring about what the nurses would say if they saw them.

Chenle turned to face the taller, inspecting Jisung's face with a small pout as he tried to read the younger.

"Then why are you coming along? I mean I'm glad you are and all," he mumbled, continuing on the walk after finding no kind of emotion on the other's face. "But if you don't trust Mark, why are you following his lead?"

"For you." A moment of silence embraced the garden, his heart beating wildly in his chest as he awaited the elder boy's reaction. It was one that he wasn't expecting to go smoothly.

Chenle merely released a huff, not really sure how he should approach such a situation. His heart fluttered, butterflies rapping against his ribs, almost making him feel sick.

There was no denying the bond that he had with Jisung, and he had always viewed it as more than 'friendship' but Jisung, being unable to express himself, had always shut down any ideas of a romance.

He tilted his head, his hair bouncing cutely as he looked over at a blushing Jisung.

"And what do you mean by that, Mister?"

A cheeky grin graced Chenle's face as a feeling of accomplishment hit him.

He made Jisung feel embarrassed, flustered.

"I- no, it's nothing-"

"Tell me!"

"No!"

"Tell me!"

"No!"

"Come oooonnn-"

"I love you, Chenle!" The pinkette yelled, his mind not even computing with what his mouth had released. "I love you and I'm so scared that if you leave, I'll rot in here, or that you'll meet someone who makes you happy and you'll forget about me!"

Once again, a similar silence fell between them, Jisung refusing to meet gazes with Chenle who wore an unchanging grin.

"Well, Park, I love you too."

He got up on the tips of his toes and placed a gentle kiss upon the younger's lips, a flirtatious smile appearing on his face as he did so.

Jisung was speechless to say the least.

His mouth opened and closed, yet no words came from him and instead a dorky smile appeared instead. He lunged forward, looping his arms around Chenle's waist as he hoisted him up in the air, admiring how beautiful the giggle that fell from the shorter's lips was as he was spun around,

"I love you-"

Jisung didn't get to finish what he was saying before lips came crashing down on his.

"I know you do."

"I don't know, Jen. I think Jaemin saw the kiss. I mean what else would trigger an attack that bad?" Renjun whined as he snuggled against the younger's chest, listening to Jeno's never steady breaths.

The kiss they had shared had been one of a moment, and although they had pulled away with guilt, neither really regretted it and had decided to see what a casual hangout would be like.

"I don't think so, Jun. I think that all this commotion that's been going on recent has finally made him crack." Rejnjun sighed slightly, his head tilting to see the younger. "Between you and me? He's two steps behind Mark and Donghyuck. The three of them are crumbling."

"I guess."

Renjun couldn't shake the guilt that settled in his stomach, because although he had a huge crush on Jeno, he couldn't deny that the secret aid from Jaemin had caused a small...liking?

"We can talk to him later."