Chapter 20

It's finally my birthday. I'm officially an adult. Gogo took me out a few days ago for a day of pampering at the spa. Hazel insisted on taking me shopping so I could buy lingerie and then surprised me with dinner at Giada's with all our closest friends the day before my birthday.

But today is the today, my actual birthday, and I'm spending the day with Asher. He has a whole day planned and I have no idea what any of it is, but he assures me it will be the best day ever.

Since he's recognized more and more, he arranged dinner on a privately chartered sunset cruise. Watching the sun sink as the sky burns in oranges and pinks, Asher whispers, "Happy birthday Kins. I love you."

We're back at his apartment just sitting on the balcony. The view isn't like Gogo's of the river, but it overlooks a park so it's still really nice.

When Asher stands up and reaches for my hand, I feel flush knowing what we're about to do. He must sense my hesitation.

"Kins, we don't have to do anything you don't want to do, you know that, right?"

It's the same thing he has said to me a hundred times. It makes my heart swell and I love him even more in this moment.

"I know Asher, but I want this, I want you."

He leads me to his bedroom and turns down the light. He heads into the bathroom and I'm left standing in the middle of the room trying to calm my racing heart. When Asher comes out a few minutes later, I'm laying on his bed in nothing but the lingerie I got for this occasion.

"Damn," he exhales. Asher never swears, I don't know if this is good or bad. "Jesus, Kinsley. You are the sexiest woman I have ever seen," he says as he pulls his t-shirt over his head.

I inhale sharply at his tanned chest and defined arms. Asher is all man and he's all mine. I'm about to lose my virginity to Asher. I'm living every teenage girls' fantasy. I can't help but chuckle at the thought.

"Why are you laughing?" He stops as he's crawling towards me on the bed. "Do you see something you think is funny? This isn't really the time for laughing you know," he sneers at me as he lays down next to me and kisses my shoulder.

"It just struck me, I'm about to have sex with Asher James. How many girls would kill to be me right now?" Asher just rolls his eyes at me.

"Can we please not talk about other girls when you are wearing THAT in my bed. You are the only girl I want to think about, you are the only girl I DO think about," he says as he places himself over me, his hands on either side of me and kisses me. This is really happening. Afterwards, I have my head on his chest, he's rubbing my back and I'm half asleep.

"God, Kins, you're amazing. Everything about you is amazing. Are you ok, do you feel ok?" he asks tentatively.

"Asher, I feel like I'm floating. Thank you for always taking such good care of me. I love you," I mumble as I fall asleep.

I just barely hear him whisper as I drift off, "Until forever Kins. Until forever."