A Night to Remember....A Parting to Dread

(3rd POV)

 "Holy kriff...." Kix breathed as he walked through the village square, the light posts had wreaths of colorful, bright flowers on them that stretched from light to light with small, round lights hanging from the ivy. Most of the guests carried around paper lanterns with dragons, symbols, or words on them, and the smell....the array of smells was nothing short of heavenly as everyone heard meat searing, fires roaring, the smell of sage, thyme, cinnamon, pepper, and cardamon wafted through the air. Kix looked around to see his brothers with wide eyes as (Y/N) navigated her way through the crowd, as they approached the palace everyone noticed that long, silk flags hung from towers, and even the main gate each one with a different symbol.

"(Y/N)...what are all the flags for? Surely their not just for decoration." Obi-wan inquired (Y/N) turned around, a knowing look on her face, 

"Well spotted Obi, these flags are only displayed today as a reminder of our lasting peace with the realms around us, and it's a way to honor our guests that come from these realms."

As the group approached the palace they spotted the Queen greeting some of the visitors, her eyes sparkling with joy,

"Ahh! There you are (Y/N)! Goodness! Look at you!! Stunning as ever, I see you and your mate match!"

Rex rubbed the back of his neck a slight blush dusting his cheeks as Anakin nudged him with his elbow, 

"Hehee....I guess Dad figured I'd bring my future mate to something eventually." (Y/N) giggled as Queen Adeline put an arm around her, 

"Indeed, now there's only a few more guests that are due to arrive, we have some of Feren's people coming, and then a few from as far as Asgard."

"That's quite something! They usually never come to any social events, we must've gotten their attention last year with the spectacular fireworks." I chuckled THAT night had been memorable indeed. The portal spun to life as several figures from the Guardian Realm came through, 

"Ahh Elvador! Disceis! How wonderful of you to come!" Queen Adeline and I greeted them with a polite bow, 

"You've outdone yourself once again your Highness, this years' festival looks more fabulous than the last." 

"You are too kind dear Elvador, but I cannot take all the credit, my loyal committe has truly been the brains of this operation."

"Indeed, a pleasure as always Lady (Y/N)," Elvador said with a bow, "you're beautiful as ever." 

"Don't be such a tease Elvador," (Y/N) smirked shaking his hand warmly, "and how are things in the deep realms of space?"

"To be honest....quite dull, the Keeper has only noticed a slight inbalance in the Eldhrímnir system, seems the humans there are at it again with another war....only as always they chose other to fight their war with some form of....clones." 

(Y/N) cast a glance at Rex who looked slightly nervous and alarmed that someone outside their galaxy knew about their war,

'Cyare....why don't you go with the others? I'll rejoin you in a moment.'

Rex shook his head as he interlocked his hand with hers, 'No....it's alright, I'll stay here with you.'

After greeting the last of the guests we all migrated down to the town square, the smell of food making (Y/N's) stomach growl, 

"Hungry cyar'ika?" Rex asked a blushing (Y/N), 

"(Y/N)!!" Fives called running over with wide eyes, "This game is AMAZING! You have to try it!!"