Alanna!

Alanna's POV

"She was so trying to flirt with you." I accused as we sat in the cab. John rolled his eyes. JJ was on John's lap, playing with his fingers.

"No she wasn't, she was just trying to be friendly." John said with a small chuckle. I rolled my eyes. How are guys so clueless when it comes to this?

I gave him a sarcastic nod," Oh yeah cause running your hand down someone's chest is considered being 'friendly'." He kept his mouth shut as he shook his head with a smile on his face. We were on our way to Jo's apartment here in New Jersey. There was officially less than forty-eight hours until Phil and AJ's wedding.

It was pretty surprising that AJ didn't decide to get rid of me as a bridesmaid. I was expecting her to tell me that she didn't want me as a bridesmaid or that she didn't want me at the wedding in general. I think Phil had convinced her to still let me apart of the wedding. AJ is a good friend of mine and I'm glad that I didn't lose her because of any of this.

"I don't think I'm ready." I mumbled when we were standing right out the door. I don't know how long I've just been standing there, staring at the door.

I was excited for Lilly to talk to me but it was very nerve wrecking. How would you feel if your daughter, that you haven't talked to in almost two years, would want to talk to you again? I was nervous because I didn't know if she was going to be angry or upset. If I were in her position, I wouldn't ever talk to me.

"Why? She's the one that wants to talk to you." John said," If you were to just show up her to convince her to talk to you then I would understand."

"A, if you don't knock then I will." John threatened, shifting JJ on his hip. I sighed. I didn't know what to expect from this. I know that Lilly wanted to talk to me, but about what? I was scared that Lilly just wanted to tell me to stay out of her life, and to stop calling Jo constantly. I couldn't help but be worried.

With a soft sigh, I knocked on the door.

~*~

"So my dance teacher told me that I can compete in nationals if I keep up with my dancing." Lilly said," I'm really good, mom, you can ask dad, he's never missed a competition."

I sent her a small smile. We've been here for over an hour and I guess you can say it's been a little overwhelming. It was nice to hear about all the stuff that she's been doing, but I kept feeling as if I missed a huge part of her life. In the time that I was gone, Lilly started dance, soccer, and she actually goes to school now. Before, she would be homeschooled and now she's just experiencing so much.

I missed every big moment in this and I can't help but feel like I am being stabbed with a fork. I can't say it's all bad, I guess it's nice to hear that Jo has stepped up and done so much for Lilly, when I couldn't be there.

"John, maybe you can come to my next competition." Lilly said, excitedly. John smiled.

"I'll have to see if I'm working or not but I'll love to." He told her. Lilly started telling John about her dancing schedule and what types of dance she can do. Jo motioned to the kitchen, basically telling me to follow him. I got up and walked out of the living room, following Jo to the kitchen.

"What's up?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

"So I just want to tell you this but I don't want you to go all crazy on me." Jo said. I looked at him, confused. Why would I go crazy on him?

"Okay..what is it?" I asked. He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I know that we agreed, when I first took her from Lauren, that you were going to take her back on the road when you came back. You came back and you told me that you still wanted her on the road with you, but as soon as she started talking to you." Jo said. I looked at him oddly.