01110011

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

aeri lay on her bed, a pile of colourful stars beside her. she wore her hair down and the lights dimmed, candles being the only thing that lit up the eery room.

there was a gentle knock on the door, followed by a creaking sound as a maid stepped in, hand wrapped around a box.

"miss" the maid almost looked scared to step in. her footsteps were hesitant, light along the floor as if one single sound would set off a trap. every maid was like this: fearful.

aeri didn't look up, only fixing her eyes on the strip of paper in her hand.

"your tutor had asked me to give this to you" her voice was tentative, edging closer and closer to where the girl was situated. the almost silent ripping of the paper caught the maid, halting her in her steps

"put it on the floor"

the maid did just that. she placed it on the floor, and scurried out frantically. aeri had never done anything to these maids, she wasn't quite sure why they were all afraid of her.

perhaps it was her obsession with all things red, or perhaps it was her stare that seemed to swallow people whole. perhaps it was just her personality: dark, unapproachable, frightening.

i would always watch from afar, doing my best to tell the innocents that she wasn't dangerous, she just looks dangerous. my attempts were futile, and my companions keep telling me she was one that shouldn't be touched. but they don't know her like i do. i watched her grow up, and my companions are just deceased souls.

her eyes switched after to the box highlighted by my rays, finger stopping at the final fold of the star. she placed the star down, and let over to pick up the box. little jingles and chatters rumbled in the box, but she wasn't any bit interested in sounds.

opening it rather anti climatically, her eyes grazed over the array of things as i levelled my torch with the box, perfectly hitting it with a spotlight.

inside were many ornaments; from feathers to beads, different colour wool to little petite pendants, it was obvious what jisung was trying to get her to do

she picked up the knitted ring, rising it to circle my torches ray as i shone my light through the multicoloured window.

"frog" she murmured, lifted a corner of her lips up "what a dumb frog".

she wasn't going to make it, she had little patience for childish things like these. it was pointless to her anyways, she doesn't have dreams.

slowly reaching over to grab her phone, she switched it open with a click. her finger moved slowly as it scrolled to one of the maids that mainly tended to her bedroom, as well as someone who wasn't so afraid of her. she being one of the most loyal, was well known and had good reputation to aeri, so you could say that had a friendship.

she clicked it, and let the rings drain out the cries of the eagles outside.

"yun-ah" she blew a piece of dust off her nails

"miss?" her melodic voice flew out of her phone. she was probably sleeping as she took morning shifts, yet she picked up only after two rings.

"tell me the story of The Frog Prince"

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -