01110011

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

She chuckled, looking up at him with one eyebrow raised "oh?"

"uh" he took a step away from her, scratching the back of his head "b-be my girlfriend". she took a step towards the boy with pink cheeks, her finger scraping along his collar "me out of all people"

she grabbed his collar, yanking his body down so that his eyes were level with hers "are you sure you can handle it?"

he gulped, a trembling breath leaving his pale lips. perhaps it was from the cold, or perhaps he was generally anxious. though, he didn't tear his eyes from hers like normal people would've. he let the devils inside him set free, as they battle against the angels. it was a war zone, between the good and the evil

"i stab people with pens and paint white roses with blood" her other hand went to clasp jisung's cheek "you're willing to date a monster?"

she pulled him even closer, almost till the point their lips scraped against each other "answer me"

"i'm...ch-choking" he coughed, his voice hoarse against the tight grip around his collar. she loosened her grasp almost immediately, glancing down at his throat instead. until a second later, she was pushed against the concrete pole, her eyes flying up to his.

"look" he steadied himself, both eyes not daring to lose the staring competition "you're not a monster. the aeri who lives off peoples death as a certificate and the aeri who fears nothing but the thought of not being feared would have choked me, and not give a shit about it"

"you're delusional" she uttered, analysing his expression for any hesitation. to her surprise, there was none

"no i'm fearful" he glanced downwards "i'm scared i'd lose you too if i keep being a coward". she kept quiet for a bit, angling her head as her gaze grazed over his lips.

"you still have time to regret" she fluttered her eyes up to his for a split second "once you've broken from your safety spell, there no going back"

he let out a breath "i heard a kiss was the only thing that can break this terrible spell that was inflicted on me by a wicked witch"

"funny" she pulled him down by the collar, and let gravity do it's jobs, her pink butterfly lips pressing against his. his other hand smacked against the concrete pole to stabilise himself futilely, as she was clearly the one with more power and authority between the two.

it was the moment she felt his lips perk up, that she knew, this wasn't all done in vain. the darkness of the night fell, painting the canvas like sky with shades of the darkest of blacks and the glittering gemstones of my companions. i swam along the seamless midnight skies, finding a comfortable spot to sit and do my work for the day.

i didn't mean to peek, but i thought it was only suiting to bathe the two figures with the luminous silver rays along with the pale smile i always wore on my face.

her hands fell from his collar to trail to his neck, pulling him down further to the point he probably already snapped his neck. she wanted to savour this short moment, even if it was going to past in a heartbeat.

"at least you don't kiss like a frog" she murmured, not catching that short breath of disappointment in jisung when she was the first one to part.

"i need a new nickname" he leant forward again, in which she pulled back, and put a finger to his lips, pushing him back

"toad?"

"i'm not from mario kart" he took her finger away, scowling at her. they paused for a second, before she let out a couple of the most pure words she said her whole life "when the princess kissed the frog, i bet she wasn't disgusted, in fact, quite the opposite. she was happy, and not a single hint of regret."