01100101

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

she held his jacket around her tightly, sat on her bed as she stared blankly at the wall with her fist clutched tightly around the jacket. the swishing of water was the only ambience that sounded gently from the bathroom, the pattering of his bare feet against the floor.

he wrung the water, the droplets splashing against the sink. the glass like beads sliding down his hands.

she felt empty, soulless as she sat on her bed with nothing but her dark walls to stare at. the jacket smelled like jisung, and it reminded her of jisung. she was clutching on it so tightly, almost ripping the material. her knuckles were pale, her face drained of colour.

she kept envisioning the water, fogging her mind and taunting her in a way to say 'i'm going to catch you'. but at the same time, twinkle twinkle little star was playing in her head, his voice ringing in and out continuously.

jisung entered the room again, a steaming towel in his hands. he sighed, placing it against her pink dusted cheek. he noticed how hard she was holding his jacket, and he also noticed how tensely she sat.

he let out a breath, unravelling her fingers from his jacket — he had to use quite a lot of pressure to pry it off — and took her hand in his, wrapping it with the warm cloth

"you should have gotten changed when i told you too" they had returned home shortly after the incident, in which aeri sat on her bed and hadn't moved for the past hour.

she had held jisung's jacket so tight that there was literally no way he was going to get it away from her. she was like a child, holding onto her most prized possession. a child scouring for candy.

as soon as jisung let go of her hand, it snapped right back to the rim of his jacket, grasping it.

"you can let go of that now" he ever so carefully tried to take her hands off the material, in which she immediately retaliated and forced him off.

"the owner of that jacket is literally right in front of you like cmon" he tried to joke despite the weighing atmosphere. aeri flickered her eyes up to him, lips pulled into a line. he angled his head at her, a smile on his face.

"here" he brought a bowl of porridge to her, spooning it with care as the steam rippled upwards. he dug the spoon into the bowl of food, lifting it up to her purpled lips.

"it'll warm you"

she ate it, obediently. like a puppy who was so hungry for food he had no idea how to eat anymore. she just followed what jisung said, and kept her own emotions to herself. she hated when people rant and ball their eyes out in front of her as if it was the end of the world, so she remained to that moral, and kept her emotions in.

he fed her, unrushed as she swallowed down the food bit by bit. no words were exchanged, but she felt a firefly ignite in her abyss of a heart. she was feeling this coziness under his wing; her monsters were chasing the firefly, playing with it and teasing it. it was a playground, an abandoned one.

the food was gone in a bit, and she still hadn't quite moved. she continued to clutch onto that piece of material for she was deathly afraid that it'll disintegrate if she loss contact with it. the piece of material was that warmth jisung gave her before, and not in a million years would she think to leave it.