Part 2 | Chapter 3

Vanilla Latte

Vanilla Latte. Definitely sounds like her, I'll say that.

With that poised man all over her, he isn't hiding anything. Crazy to think people these days still find weirdos like her attractive. I don't. In some way though, I find her intriguing. In that sense, I pity anyone who'd fall for her; or fallen for her.

I placed my orders and paid as one would and decided to look around.

Seeing Jocelyn act all up as nice as she could around innocent Evangeline is almost nauseating. I can't tell if it's fake or real which means she should be feared. Knowing Evie, she wouldn't listen to me even if I told her.

That Henry guy though, he's probably worse than I'd imagine but I guess that's all part of the people she attracts.

I picked up the tray of coffee as soon as it arrived, her little brownie being the only thing different than coffee. She looked like she needed the snack so I thought why not be decent even just a little bit. It's just a brownie anyway.

A son of a business man's pocket won't even feel the loss of two bucks.

When I placed the drinks on the table her eyes gazed over mine before she turned away in what seemed like avoidance which I don't blame her for.

I know she and I ended things where we said we wouldn't be seeing each other and I warned her. I told her that staying away would be hard considering she just became friends with the person that I mess around with. Maybe she's finally getting a grasp of what I meant when I warned her.

"Thanks, babe, " Jocelyn sighed, swirling a wooden stick in her coffee as she mixed sugar in, batting me with her caterpillar lashes.

"Not you're boyfriend if your forgetting, " I smiled with sarcasm.

I hear Evangeline choke on her drink as I sat down and I couldn't help smirking at her unhinged reaction. How subtle it may be that she tried to hide it, it didn't really do the magic for her.

She wiped her soft lips with the tissue Henry handed to her and she smiles, her eyes still avoiding mine. Perhaps she'd soon realize that avoiding me would be impossible when we're literally sat in front of each other.

"Ok, Matteo, we plan on going to the movie—"

Cade interrupts Danica by clearing his throat and his eyes telling words he thinks isn't obvious.

"Problem, Holden?" I raised a brow.

Danica puckered her forehead, clearly as dumb as a brick not understanding Cade's calls and I scoff.

"You mean besides making everyone who surrounds you uncomfortable? Nothing." He mocked and my smile falters.

This motherfucker is really gaining a lot.

I rolled my jaw and clicked my tongue in an attempt to stop a storm before it flips this table. I faked a taunting smile while Henry stared at everyone like a lost kitten before saying, "what are you talking about? No one in here is uncomfortable."